Help connecting Enertion raptor e-tray 2.1 with dual focboxes

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here. I got a hold of a bunch of raptor parts which I am trying to fit together. I have dual focboxes already mounted on my Raptor 2 deck with enclosure and motors. I also have a battery and an e-tray from what I believe is a Raptor 2.1 and I am trying to fit these two together. I don’t want to start connecting stuff without knowing exactly what I am doing which is why I am asking here.

When I connect the battery to the e-tray and press the on button, nothing happens. I am guessing it needs to be shorted somewhere or connected to a unity. From what I can tell there are two cables which I dont know where they are going coming from the e-tray. There is also an input on the side of the e-tray which I dont know what it’s for. I have attached pictures showing everything.

Does the e-tray even need to be connected to the focboxes?
What are the two loose wires for?

Thank you in advance:)

You’re going to need a parallel xt60 to connect both focbox.

The single red and black wire with the jst connector are for your power switch. Can you trace it backwards?

The 5pin jst looks like the balance wires. But a group of five I haven’t seen.

Need more pictures honestly.

1 Like

After looking closer

That single red and black goes in that connector

1 Like

1 Like

That sounds like it may be your charge port. Got picture?

1 Like

Thanks for the replys @J0ker! I have attached additional pictues to try and explain. The red and black wire does not fit in the input on the side of the e-tray.

I found some pictures from enertion which might help.

In the above picture we can see where the wires go

And in this picture we can se what those ports do. The black and red seems to be an output for the battery voltage, probably for the battery meter. I could do without that but would be nice to have.

The white wires go to LEDs from my understanding but I am not sure. None of these should stop the e tray from turning on right?

1 Like

I tried connecting the battery to the etray to the focbox and the focbox lit up and worked as intended. However there is no way to turn the board on or off it’s always on. I am suspecting that the unity can handle this somehow but not the focboxes?

1 Like

You said unity. Above my pay grade

The unity uses a momentary switch, i don’t believe you will be able to use that switch with the focboxes without an antispark or discharge bms with eswitch.

Good luck getting your stuff to fit in that tray. Its fucking tight.

1 Like

Ouch that’s a shame. So basically use an antispark, loopkey or discharge bms?

You got it.