Helical gear drive from russia

Y’all still want me to measure or ya good? Seems if @Andy87 is gonna send him a set, it’s almost moot. Lemme know

is that value really 34mm? It should be 38mm at least

1 Like

I did not take these measurements. And note where he is holding the calipers.

@Lionpuncher maybe you can follow up with your own measurements if its not too inconvenient. Better to have extra data. if there’s a discrepancy then we will have to reevaluate.

@moon @Lionpuncher

Looks like 33mm is in agreement.

Oh yeah wasnt arguing about their actual value, just saying that if MBS axles were designed correctly they should be 38mm.

Ive got numbers for over 50 MBS trucks but it wont help here.

1 Like

oh I see. so just really loose tolerances? seems like an amazing amount of variance

Its not something Ive measured between many trucks but under 38mm seems normal.

2 x 8mm wide bearings = 16mm

bearing spacing for MBS rockstars - 22mm

16+22mm = 38mm

At the moment bearings are overhanging onto the threads.

2 Likes

Sorry for the half assed pics, my wife’s birthday so I couldn’t get into it.

1 Like

naw its totally chill. its enough to stablish correlation.

1 Like

Why are you not a mod yet? @longhairedboy, if and when you decide to take on more mods, if Brian is open, I nominate him. This forum’d be so tidy!

1 Like

because it’s direkt drive :woozy_face:

1 Like

I second the need for some actual moderation

1 Like

What’s the catch?

I have hubs rockstar, they have exactly 35 mm, the bearing will not fit on the thread

who has trucks lacroix? could you make an axle measurement as you did above for trucks matrix 2, i would like to make available drives for all popular types of trucks for mountainboard, also i would like to see a photo of motor mount for lacroix trucks

2 Likes

@ixf @Soflo @Ecrom003

Any of you can measure Hypertrucks axles?

@moon can you make suggestions as to how @Esk8_ru could adapt his drives to work with matrix 2 smaller axles? I believe you mentioned some.sort of alternative bearings?
Please and thank you

It’s the hangar that he needs the dimensions for.
The hangar is a complex geometric design. It’s a tapered octagon. I’m really busy the next week, but after that I can probably take some photos

2 Likes

I don’t have the hyper truck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but if someone wants to send me a set i would glady measure them!

1 Like