Heatshrink sizing [SRO]

Yes exactly; quantity is number of meters. All in one roll, one piece.

And if you’re in the USA, it takes SO LONG to arrive :sweat:

Watch the shipping prices as you increase roll size though, there’s often a “cliff” after you pass a certain amount where shipping costs skyrocket. Sometimes better to put in two smaller orders.

For me, from meter 5 to meter 6 shipping skyrockets from $18.47 to $42.84 so I’d order in max 5 meter packages.

2 Likes

meh, i can’t even order more than 5 anyway lol

1 Like

jokes on you it came out fucking perfect

DS 12S8P DRI kit 230mm is perf :ok_hand:

@DRI @DerelictRobot would you stock that size of the quality stuff??

I can’t even find it actually.

3 Likes

You’ll want to ask @BenjaminF as he has taken over the Battery Builder Kits & DIY Supply mantle.

3 Likes

ah duck I’ll have to get used to that.

2 Likes

hot damn, that’s smooth

1 Like

Yep, measured with a random bit of wire and multiply 1.2X and round down

Yep, heat shrink is on my list of stuff to stock ASAP :slight_smile: be on the lookout for a poll to determine popular sizes in my vendor thread soon.

1 Like

Prob just PVC tho right? or at least get the size for single stack 18650/21700 dri kits with the Polyolefin Heat Shrink pls

skip PVC LoL

Also, clear is good. You can’t fix or troubleshoot problems you can’t see.

1 Like

I prefer to just do things by feel. If it is sharp or super hot no good go out and buy an evolve.

They don’t seems to stock the good stuff over 200mm, maybe it is a limitation of the machine they use for that material or someshit

1 Like

Maybe ask them then, IDK :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I tried yelling screaming and throwing a fit and it did not work

I’ll try their 1-800 number next

china.com oh what say you

hmm a lot of chinese it seems

I bought mine 10kilo at a time.

I asked the factory to show me how it’s made. Pretty interesting

3 Likes

I would love to also stock polyolefin. Just gotta compare the options. PVC is good for 90% of batteries, its just a pain in the dick when you apply too much heat and it splits or tears.

Hmm, I have never seen clear polyolefin heat shrink. Links?

Me dumb, didnt read thread.

2 Likes

from puland lmao

1 Like

I use 220mm because it works for both the 21700 and 18650 KitPCB’s. 200mm works for the 18650 KitPCB’s.

1 Like