Heath Lewis' 0-40mph (0-64kph) challenge

I took the night drag race videos. I can find them later and poast up if you want em

3 Likes

helllll ya

1 Like

Dragy is kind of a one trick pony. The app isn’t great and I don’t think it records routes. But it’s great for 0-whatever times.

1 Like

the dam area is 500 x 500 feet. ( 152.4 x 152.4 meters) we were running up one side there.

but definitely couldn’t have done it with half that distance. so yeah. the parking lot at Carve wouldn’t have done it. but there was something very exciting about them all accelerating hard towards a fence. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i’m still wondering if gopro or those other standalone gps’s that racechrono recommends are of equal measure.

ron’s instagram?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjzSMcwMqXj/

or this Ron’s POV, which was in comments on one of brandon’s facebook posts:

Ron’s the one shooting the POV.

and… he’s actually just holding a phone as he rides … :smiley:

3 Likes

Lmao I know, I let off so early because it closed down fast

2 Likes

@poastoast @JoeyZ5 @jack.luis @ShutterShock

8 Likes

That fall was painful lmao

4 Likes

yess. :). @jack.luis always giving 120% … reminds me of the drive @Mbrady has. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brandon was the fastest. Lightest and mamba xlx at 100%. (my xlx2 was at 80% )
I think I edged out Ron but we mostly didn’t really run against each other. he either hung back to film/for space or I flubbed my take off.

Ron is the AWD vesc. I believe it’s bioboards spintends. He’s quite quick.

4 Likes

What is the limiting factor for acceleration on the stooge setups? ESC? Motor? Battery?

:stuck_out_tongue:

i think @MoeStooge has achieved a pretty balanced setup, so it’s hard to say.

4 Likes

yaaa, when racing and you have decent hw, it’s more about your sacks and how hard you’re willing to let em sag

2 Likes

Speaking of falls…. @ShutterShock can we get my carve crash footage?

1 Like

yeah, sounds pretty great. Hopefully my next board manages to get to that tier of power. I tried to get there with my current/first one, but i miscalculated some things.

Any idea how much (peak) torque you get at each wheel with the standard SRB setup? My math says 21 Nm.

2 Likes

Bruh… r you serious?

0.38km = 380m

I basically want a more accurate version of Relive…
But yeah.
I need to look into it more.

Since getting a metr I’ve completely stopped using relive unless I’m riding with people who want to “digitally group up”

1 Like

I keep fighting that…
Also be cool to have something that works with multiple boards… Maybe a Garmin is the way…

3 Likes