Heath Lewis' 0-40mph (0-64kph) challenge

No vesc, likely excuse (lololol :wink: :+1:)

1 Like

I guess that’s not 100% true, we have rpm data logged in the Mamba XLX telemetry if we pull it off before it gets wiped. but you have to connect a computer to get it. can compute speed from that like vesc does. but only post facto, and manually. :smiley:

ahhhh shit

i just changed gear rarios and can only jit 35 now sad days, and now my board is kaput

i’ll do a for fun 0-35 tops, but that’s going to be around 3 weeks out minimum until i can

maybe if i get an average acceleration over 3 launches i can get a slip and see how long it’d take me to hit 40

5 Likes

If anyone ever wanted to make it official then a dragy GPS would be the way to go…

1 Like

too bad i don’t have moni

My 0-35 entry with a Dragy gps. 5.10 sec

The phone gps lags quite a bit compared to the dragy.

This was at 100A per motor with a peak at 6200watts

6 Likes

wow that thing is 100hz. go pro is 10-18hz.

4 Likes

Check out some of the YouTube videos comparing it to actual dragstrip results. It’s pretty much dead on

3 Likes

which one?

i see one that’s 10Hz butbit’s $160

Their website pic claims 10hz GPS but also measurements within 1/100ths of a second which would mean 100hz if they were being completely honest I think, so IDK. They have been measured to be extremely accurate though, with a measured 0.15% margin of error in the quarter mile compared to official timing equipment so either way, it’s really good.

4 Likes

but is 10hz. “really good” ? or is the thing 100hz? or… did we do math wrong. :confused:

2 Likes

will my wallet be ok with me pulling another $160 for a drag race on top of the $200 or so i’m about to spend to repair 3 100Ds on top of the $300 or so i’m about to spend on drone parts

4 Likes

I cant say for sure what spec is but it is for sure accurate, in the car community there is no one who will argue with a dragy result. Quick Tech: Dragy GPS-Based Performance Meter - DSPORT Magazine

2 Likes

This is the telemetry from 1 of 2 motors.

zooming in, and poking around, it’s a pain, and i wasn’t diligent enough to be accurate enough. but I think i ranged from 3.8s to 4.9s in my attempts.

so… both @Heathlewis and Torgeson beat me. that said my power setting was set to 80%. so… I can presumably do a bit better.

fun peak wattage number there for only one side.

6 Likes

ok ok, i’ll fund some money to pull out my butt and i’ll get a dragy

hopefully i can use it soon

1 Like

The RaceChrono app would be perfect for this. Needs a fast (10hz or higher) external gps. You can feed gopro gps data to the app. Phone gps are only 1hz normally.

4 Likes

i’v ehad decent success track addict

free, and it comes with an overlay

1 Like

Can I upload my 0-60kph runs or is that not qualifying? Idk how to think in miles.

1 Like

It’s 0-64.4km/h

2 Likes

oof that’s just over 5kph more than my board’s top speed.

dang americans taking the fun out of everything…

2 Likes