HAYA HB92 V2 Issues

I completely agree. Stand up guy

4 Likes

It is very nice to see someone up front about an issue instead have sweeping it under the rug. I would suggest you look into cold pressing as it has less delamination issues or look into different woods as different woods hold different properties.

2 Likes

I’m sure if you mailed @jamie some 70’s Playboy’s he would talk it out with you :grinning:.

4 Likes

Sanding the GF was a bit trickier than expected, not on @Sender’s level yet

Pic: 1st primer layer only (not sanded), still one more to go + sanding + then 2-3 paint layers.

18 Likes

I really do love the lines of the haya. I literally pick mine up everyday and just look at it

4 Likes

Love my shortboard. Just sent it off to @Sender for the carbon fiber wrap.

4 Likes

I know this rubs some people the wrong way as it may be salt in the wound for people who’ve had to deal with this unfortunate turn of events, but I think it’ll turn out great in the end. My V1 is going strong, I ride it every other day, and clean it after each ride like a car fanatic wipes down their favorite 'vette before putting on a cover after each ride. I still have people stop me in the street to ask where I got it.
The only thing I’ve ever had even close to this experience with was owning a smart in 2008 when they arrived in the US, and when people asked me about it then, 'prolly half of them were snickering when they asked.

1 Like

1st coat

22 Likes

21 Likes

wow, ultra clean pieces of art :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I sure would! @bevilacqua feel free to DM me

1 Like

I’m looking to pick up an HB92, are they still available?

1 Like

Sadly not, best chance is to ask @sender for a custom one, he still has some

2 Likes

That’s a shame, I love this design. Is the HB92 permanently discontinued? Could the production problems not be solved?

1 Like

The production issues were solved.

I decided that until I return home (Spain) or change the production to where I live I would not make any more decks. The only decks that I yet have to receive are replacement decks in case any other unit breaks and needs to be replaced.

In summary yes, all HAYA decks are discontinued.

5 Likes

Soon I’ll be riding on a beautiful unicorn deck. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

eager to see the final result!

2 Likes

Act fast you can pick up that haya you want

1 Like

We just got the replacement decks. We will probably have some extra/spare decks once we finish the glass fiber repaired decks I reinforced when I was home a couple of months ago. This means that there might be a small V3 batch that will go up for sale. Probably around 01/02-2020 (I wont be home before winter vacation)

3 Likes

Any recent updates on these decks? Spring is still a few months off, but I’m eager to build so I’m ready to ride :slight_smile:

1 Like