Has Flipsky gotten better? One side dead, check wiring!

Im attempting a charge back, but it’s not looking very good. Ive been strung along for months. They keep claiming they haven’t received the bad esc. It was shipped a month ago with tracking.

1 Like

many credit cards offer an extended warranty on stuff you purchase with that card. Maybe worth a shot? I’ve gotten a pro-rated credit on a smartphone during the extension period.

1 Like

May be worth giving a try, thanks. I’ll try that!

…It was the Unity drought of 2019…
I was left in a barren wasteland having everything I needed to get my board on the road, with one exception. The only thing missing, was an ESC. Space was tight, timing wasn’t right. My only option, was Flipsky. I had high hopes for the FSESC Dual. So I ordered one and slapped it in. First problem, ran into some real funkiness when trying to program FOC. Just figured it was me that had messed something up but after numerous attempts I ended up going BLDC. Next problem, garbage integrated antispark push-switch. If you look at it funny it will de-latch and make your ride that much more exciting with every occurrence. Fixed by hard-wiring and using XT-90s loopkey. Inaccurate voltage gauging from ESC causing jumping around and swings of 0.3-1v on readout. Performance? Don’t use it for that. I’ve had an increasing amount of overheating events with this controller. I’m sure it’s my own doing as I’m running 220kv motors with pretty tall gearing. But just because it says it can handle a certain amount of amps, that doesn’t mean that it will.

In short, the savings under Unity just isn’t worth the additional hassle and lack of performance

Who the FSESC would be good for?
Somebody that can afford to lose a couple hundred bucks at the possibility of saving a hundred bucks.
Somebody that doesn’t require much performance out of their ESC (flat riding or sub 35mph)
Somebody that doesn’t mind Flipsky nuances

10 Likes

I have used two Dual FSESC 6.6. Mountainboards. FOC. 12S. One of them feeds two APS 80100 and provides amazing power without any heat.

No problem so far.

Il bought two anothers for a 4WD mountainboard and two Dual FSESC6.6 Mini Size for a AWD Hummie longboard.

Yet, I would never take any VESC based ESC with integrated anti-spark.

4 Likes

Fuck! Today half part (master one) of my first Dual FSESC 6.6 stopped working after a jump…

Only blue light no great light…

No burning mark… I don’t know what happened :scream:

(EDITED : better picture)

7 Likes

The can switch is in off position? Did you check both sides with direct USB connection and VESC Tool?

@ visnu777 It was ON, I put it on OFF to check if it changes something… I’m a bit lost, I never had to face VESC failure before…

Sometimes in the past I had no throttle after a jump. But it came back after 2-3 sec. What’s weird is that in that times when it happened METR PRO (connected to master) didn’t shut down because recording process didn’t stop.

Now I feel like I’ll only buy TRAMPA VESC in the future… A bit worried about all my other Dual FSESC 6. Flipsky warranty for (V)ESC is 2 months… I’ve just sent them a mail. We’ll see.

2 Likes

What did Metr say? Any faults in the log? Sorry, I assumed you tested but you never know, the can switch jumped in my sight :wink: Is one of the left side capacitors loose?

No I changed the picture with a better one! :blush:

No recorded fault… No loose capacitor.

and now it doesn’t connect directly with the vesc tool with both Metr and USB?

Check if 3.3V is a short to ground, happened to me with my excessively bad wire management, the MCU saw battery voltage and went poof.

3 Likes

This is exactly what happened to mine, but I was just cruising on a flat smooth path at medium throttle

Pretty sure this will be your problem, the ARM chip is a known piece of shit

3 Likes

Using a second big dual 6,6, first one shorted by itself for no reason after maybe 3 weeks, second one has seen 3 boards and still is running great, really the only issues are the usb ports.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you are experiencing issue but that case/wire routing is very aesthetically pleasing!

2 Likes

if you payed via paypal, just dispute. After back and fourth bullcrap, “escalate to paypal for review”, they’ll tell you you need to ship back the broken item for a full refund, type in your tracking number, when it arrives, you should get your refund shortly. If it already arrived, you’ll get your refund almost immediately

2 Likes

This has happened to me on 2 separate units. Trying to get a refund or replacement for 3 months now.

4 Likes

The esc was sent back, I just got a message today that they received it. I was never offered a refund, only to repair it. I did not pay with PayPal, it was through my credit card. It cost close to $30 to send it back, plus they asked me to lie on the customs declaration about the value of the esc. If they don’t handle this properly I’ll forward their “business practices” to our customs department, see how they like that!!!

1 Like

After seeing this thread, I’m really hoping that my big dual 6.6 ends up working.

Seems most of the issues come from the dual ESC units, I’ve had minimal issues with the singles and not a lot of trouble resolving the issues I did run into.

1 Like