Has anyone tried ceramic coating their deck?

I have a bottle of ceramic coat sitting on my desk after ceramic coating my car, and my new electric skateboard looking mighty ceramic coatable. I was wondering if anyone has experience with ceramic coating their own board? Did it hold up? Does it negatively affect the finish in any way?

I don’t see many negatives to coating my deck and trucks, makes them easier to clean I guess. I have a carbon fiber deck so I’m figuring maybe it’ll help prevent some scratches as well.

If I’m wrong please inform!

2 Likes

Do the trucks for science asap please! I’d love to have an extra protective layer on the nice paint job I did on mine so it stays looking pretty for longer.

4 Likes

Sender Skates has been doing ceramic coating on trucks for a long time

2 Likes

Cerakote *

It’s pleather, much better than leather, it won’t fade or crack in time.

As someone who’s had pleather earpads on headphones disintegrate I strongly disagree.

Also would cerakote work on something as flexible as a deck? I had thought it was supposed to form a hard coating over the object, which can be brittle and chip off for a surface that’s constantly expanding and contracting.

2 Likes

It would work on the trucks. Hell it probably work on the deck. But if not, wrap the deck in pleather. Be super soft.

2 Likes

I’ve seen leather appointed boards for barefoot beach cruising or something, but I can only imagine how slippery it’d be at actual speed.

2 Likes

or if water touched it

2 Likes

wait a fuck lmao

you really using practically the same pfp as @esk8god

2 Likes

Pleather isn’t affected by water.

The foot on top of it might be

Asphalt freshies aren’t affected by water, either

2 Likes

Have you seen any of their stuff after it has been used? only thing I can find is pre use photos which don’t help much in figuring out if it is worth it or not.

Also it seems like they might be using the colored version of the products and not painting the trucks then adding a clear ceramic coat so might not be a good comparison for my use. A post mentions how it doesn’t mess with tolerances unlike powder coatings and if they think powder coatings could cause issues then they sure as hell would not want to use paint first it is very thick :rofl:

1 Like

:flushed: nuclear reactor spotted

I considered ceramic coating but instead chose to use jetseal, it’s a super strong sealant that’s applied like wax and works just as well. I used it on this entire deck/trucks and on vinyl. It was kind of an experiment, but I’m really impressed. I’ve ridden it through some grimey LA city terrain and there was no dirt/puddle gunk at all. Still looks clean. The deck used to be matte though lol

10 Likes

That looks awesome. I’m gonna ceramic coat my board this weekend. Did you remove the eovan logo from the bottom? It looks like it in the photos but it’s hard to tell.

I’m considering removing the logo from my deck before I ceramic coat but I’m not sure how it’ll look.

1 Like

No, it’s embossed into the deck.

Is this a before shot or after application shot? Did you put it on the wheels too!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Before haha. I did use rubber conditioner (vrp) on the wheels though. I sold it shortly after and didn’t take any after pics unfortunately.
It still got a little dusty, but all I needed to do was dry wipe with a microfiber or blow it with an air compressor to clean it

1 Like

who is @Cloveh reveal your real identity

1 Like

another student here at school lol