Hall sensor troubles once again, or so I think

And so, for my anniversary on the forum, my board decided to provide me with a similar issue to when I started - hall sensors! So, basically, the issue now is that after I’ve changed the cable cover, one of my motors decided it wouldn’t always spin on low rpms, and I feel like the sound of the hall sensor (you know that ratchety sound) becomes louder at the start. However, I’m not entirely sure why it’s happening to be honest, so I’ve decided to come to the place where I can always get an answer from you lovely people!)

Here’s the video :3

Try riding it and see if it still act up. Sometimes they works fine when loaded.

backup your settings and do a detection on the affected motor.

sometimes VESCtool just gets it wrong and you gotta try again.

otherwise my go-to is backup, reflash FW, detect and setup from scratch.

1 Like

Take all wires apart, AFTER labeling, and scrub connectors with dish scrubber. You can get grease and such on them and stutter. The moment that mine start backing out even slightly, I get stutter.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone! The problem was with one hall sensor wire that tore off under heat shrink, so I couldn’t tell until I cut everything open and saw it) Be careful and always do your best to make sure they’re secure because if something like this happens when you’re going fast…it will probably be your last ride

*Basically what happened later is that wheel became locked while I was testing with high from. And by locked I mean like locked in a vise, can’t move it with hands when using brakes or throttling

Always good to diagnose a problem without it taking off a layer of epidermis.

1 Like

I took off on my 30 degree slanted driveway. Hit brakes as soon as I crested the rim. They LOCKED. But I was only going one mph or less. So I simply stepped off. vesc was all downhill from there.