Haero Bro model

put drive and motors on other side of board? / move trucks

1 Like

I would love to swap deck with you to both get the right one … but got the middle flex …

I really like your grip graphic :+1:

I have a stiff, are you interested in ?
@rich looking for a middle flex one.

2 Likes

Thx for your offer Papa Klaus :pray: but I want to keep my flexy one like I say :stuck_out_tongue: (coming from a trampoline, loool)

2 Likes

I can send you the stiff one on Friday.

3 Likes

Thinking about keeping the OG main design …

what do you think about a lipo box like this?

12 Likes

Not for bindings. For the esc box :sweat_smile:
Don’t mind about the graphics much.
They nice, but will be covered anyway with the battery box.

First thing I found out, I can’t mount the bindings how I would like to.
The drilled holes close to the nose and tail are too far out to get the bindings right seated.
Need to play a bit with it.

1 Like

Noice idea!
Mine looks already like a spaceship.
spaceship

8 Likes

and a photoshopped battery case, looks nice with the etoxx hubs.

3 Likes

:joy:

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Haero’s Best Present under the tree :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Small update:
It’s definitely not possible to mount the trucks in the position for short wheel base.
Without bindings and red shock blocks on mbs Matrix2 trucks I already hit the gear case with the deck when turning.
A 10mm riser could maybe help to fix that.

So than lowrider style :smile:

7 Likes

What about the 8mm rubber riser from the mbs trucks?

You are finding the same things as me back in November. I have found some stuff since also, for me it’s too low on those outer holes, it catches on every hump on the pump track. Also it being so low and long wheelbase makes it incredibly stiff to turn tight turns on barrels. So now I am in a conundrum with it, I think it needs big risers, 10mm as you suggest, which will give me the leverage back to turn well on it. Maybe risers and move to the shorter wheelbase too, havent got that far with it yet as I need longer bolts for the trucks to accomodate the risers

1 Like

I have used the included 8mm risers and are bolted with the original screws, besides the countersink screws for the DavegaX mount.

@Lee_Wright i still had the hope with my smaller gear case I would get a bit more clearance, but unfortunately no.
How ever, there is not that much ground clearance difference to the trampa.
It might feel like, but it’s not much.
On the ends the Bro has even more clearance.

On the pictures the trampa has 8“ and the Bro only 6.5“ wheels.
In the middle it looks like this

Some small flex competition :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Trampa 15ply

Bro stiff

8 Likes

I can’t help but laugh watching the trampa hit the ground

6 Likes

You will see when you ride it, it is much more stable than the trampa when landing jumps and travelling at speed, but with that comes some loss of turning ability. I checked this recently at a karting track event and it was simply too stiff to get round 1 of the bends. Off road it’s not so noticable

It catches way more than the trampa, maybe it’s the shape but I think only riding it will you see what I mean. I’m not sure jumping in the center of the board is a valid test? The board will never flex like that under normal use

1 Like

Yeah I’m very much wait to ride it.
For now it’s all just theory and first impressions.
The flex competition wasn’t meant to be a real competition. Just to show how the difference feels like. Doesn’t matter if I jump than in the middle or not.
For the trampa it wouldn’t matter anyway. Even with normal stand I would bottom the deck out when jumping with a battery in the middle.
Is it a problem? :thinking: don’t think so.
Both have there ups and downs.
…and most of all it was a lot of fun :joy: like on a trampoline… should do that more often :relieved::joy:

5 Likes

The trampa really push you up a lot.
Should make a competition how high I can jump off the board :joy:

3 Likes