Haero Bro model

Not too sure where to get xplates from at this moment.
Maybe @janpom got some in the works?
Search socket cap m5 and see from there. I buy from gwr fasteners most of my screws.
I would probably not recommend stainless steel or raw carbon steel ones. One is probably not strong enough if you intend to truly abuse it and the other rusts to fuck

2 Likes

So aluminium you think?
or ‘marine-grade’ steel even

2 Likes

Aluminium is even worse.
Marine grade is all bullshit terms. “Aeroplane aluminium” “spacecraft carbon fiber” “military grade steel” like bruh, just give the DIN standard and let it be.
I would look for zinc oxide coated ones. I think moon knows more about these. The rest wear off if you sneeze on them or cost more than the baseplates they mount to

5 Likes

cheers :pray: :+1:

2 Likes

Ma bro! Indeed

2 Likes

I have these:

Raw are already available if you PM me. Black and titanium (dark grey) anodized will be available in 2-3 weeks. The price will be around 10 EUR for one (12 EUR incl. VAT).

5 Likes

Carbon fibre?

2 Likes

Akhluts store is still running, tons of variety, I love his Hummie brace.

2 Likes

From my experience and knowledge of materials marine stands for A4 grade stainless and to get that shit to rust you will need to try hard.

Im using a4 on my enclosure and trucks because I hate thst black oxide bolts rusting after 2 weeks, granted I ride usually only like 2m away from sea
Getting it from a hardware store isnt really a big cost if your looking at regular hardware

2 Likes

How is he not promoted more? Sooo many choices

1 Like

Woah thank for the link, I have been waiting for months to get a reply from google form of his :joy:

2 Likes

Thing is these terms are one google search away from a clear explanation. I still think they’re mostly bullshit terms used to confuse uninformed people.
The best hardware stores in my area can do is galvanised hexagon head screws, and only like 1 size

1 Like

No links to him on this forum or the other forum, no idea what happened because they used to be both here and over there.

@Acido my pleasure man

Guys, we’ve been pretty busy lately fulfilling all your orders. That’s why it got a bit silent maybe. Didn’t mean we did nothing to progress!

We went out of stock again and decided to not just fill up the stock again but rather implement some nice changes to a already good construction.

Check out a quick retrospective video of what our old construction had to offer and get a sneek peak of what’s to come with our brand new 2021 deck

https://youtu.be/wzibLN7SqjM

There will be a second video to explain what our new construction will look like in detail the next few days too :wink::eyes:

That all doesn’t mean we are not working on the e-specific deck already but good thing will take their time that’s why we decided to fill our stock again before working on the e-specific and won’t be able to fulfill orders :wink:

The e-specific will come within 2022

31 Likes

@Haeroboards

Please tell use how wide the bro is at its widest point.

For people searching:

haero bro deck width, how wide is haero bro, bro deck width, wide, width, inches wide, cm wide

EDIT: found it in an image that google images cropped out:

widest: 260mm

narrowest: 210mm

1 Like

I can also take whatever measurements you want when i get home today. Just let me know.

BTW, said picture is in the first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the search here doesn’t scan words inside of photos.

What have people done with regards to stopping water being soaked up in open holes of the bro deck ?

I have recently received mine, I have epoxied and sealed the inserts into the holes so no problem with water there but what about the open holes not in use for the trucks ?

Surely the wood will absorb water and eventually start to degrade under the top and bottom laminate ? Unless there is enough resin impregnated in the wood already.

I have seen this on aircraft floor panels that I have repaired with a balsa and aluminium construction.

Given this board has my spur gears mounted to it, it will see a lot of water and mud through the winter.

I was thinking of thinning some epoxy down with propan and painting it into the holes dealing the wood.

I have searched but I can’t find any info. Anyone elses experience would be appreciated.

1 Like

Superglue works really well for this. It soaks into the wood

2 Likes