Hadiywiin MBS dwii, 6374, zenith, 12s8p molicel urban carver

Edit:Finished product:

Late posting for my build which is getting well underway. This is my first DIY.

This has been roughly my plan:

MBS DWii mountainboard conversion with matrix 2 with orange blocks
Lacroix motor mounts
Eboosted enclosure Tampa-hs11-holypro-35-ds-18650-21700/
6374 battle hardened flipskys
72t mbs pulley *15t flipsky dshafti
12s8p Molicel batteries
Zenith v1 esc
Battery build @Kaydo NomadDesigns
Llt bms or other
Puck remote
Davega
7 inch evolve tyres

Also thanks to @glyphiks And @Kaydo for their valuable advise help and knowledge.

29/5
Ordered spacers.

Also I realised wheel pulley goes other way around so fixed that and now my motor bolts don’t touch. However replaced these with button head ones to be sure.
Anyone know of another source for d-shape 10mm pulleys? I’d like an option for 14t but seems impossible to find anyone making them.

Was unable to decide on how to mount enclosure so I bought every option. This is still a little while away so I have time. Might try underside option and if it doesn’t feel enough can alway go with thru board option. This eboosted case has quite limited space for bolts for such a huge battery case.

9/6
Some more parts are here and an update from @Kaydo on my battery build. Exciting to see things come together. In the meanwhile I’ve been in Qld and took my Stoke up. Nice smooth paths compared to Melb.

9/7
Battery on it’s way back and Davega installed+ charger port

17/7

Powered up motors and connected battery, so far all good, battery charger works and everything online. Now wrestling to get case mounted to board, inserts are in place and epoxy cured. Had to expand my gasket due to height of battery. Again great build from @Kaydo. Thanks so much.

Puck and zenith are working fine however final tuning of settings to happen later, wow these motors have some real kick! My plan is to get everything working and in place then strip down and glue and threadlocker everything. Then I can tune esc settings. Profile is going to be pretty low so might have to use 8inch mbs tyres, let’s see. Awaiting shipment of some more bolts and then at a later time I will replace with titanium hardware. You’d think it would be pretty easy to get stainless cap head bolts. Also on the hunt out for yellow blocks, I ordered some from Germany and they send me the wrong ball type from mk1 trucks.

21/7 ready to roll, fully charged and programmed, now waiting for thread locker to harden and rain to clear then maiden voyage, Davega says range is 130km I don’t quite believe it but I’m sure range will exceed my legs.

9/8
Added xenogotchi and radium plates with Lacroix/red white blocks.

Also 3D printed some %5 degree risers to increase angle to 35% as turning is painful. I’ve also ordered some yellow mbs blocks as backup

Don’t try and ride thru a swamp

28/8
New bullbars for shred lights, got nub for puck controller and FreeSK8 gps tracking.

14 Likes

Looking good! You gonna get any wheel pulley bite with that setup?

2 Likes

Pulley bite is generally the issue with that deck

3 Likes

That’s what I meant. Shut up.

3 Likes

nice choice of component, solid and quality stuff

1 Like

Yes I’ve heard that also but I’m not seeing it in my testing so far.

1 Like

Let’s see the belly!! Looks great guy!

2 Likes

Yes still in progress at this time, battery is due to be built very shortly so just a bare belly with fancy dkw2 graphics which are going to get covered unfortunately. Oh and on the subject of bite the pulley has clearance from the wheel however if I was to go 20mm belt and pulley I’d have to cut board. Just hoping the 15mm belt doesn’t jump as I don’t have tensioner. All part of the stuff I’ll cover as I work it out.

1 Like

The last pic me me pushing on back to try hit pulley. Doesn’t reach for sure.

Anyway I’ve moved to 7 inch evolve tyres as I want to reduce top speed, don’t want to be wizzing past Lacroix’s :). My main aim is some good range and good stability.

A couple of things are concerning me I have no hub spacers and no spacers between by motor pulley and mount, nit sure if this is needed. Also with a this motor mount my bolts might rub on pulley belts, I might have to dremel a recess which should already be there.

Also changing bms over to another model to better work with zenith.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

3 Likes

Mbs team riders don’t use them so I stopped using them about a year ago and have noticed no difference in ride feel or bearing wear.

I’d add a tiny washer just to be safe. Your pulley alignment looks like it would be helped.

2 Likes

Another Aussie, surely not… Solid build, did it come with bindings? I’m after a pair and MBS Australia are getting stock in July. Feels like ages away.

1 Like

Yes okay I didn’t explain that very well. From what I hear other bms supplies data back to unity app which allows you to view more information from unity. Must admit I don’t have a clue about this area at all so I’m going by what I’m told. My other big concern is that I’m iOS/Mac based so hoping I can use Stormcore app to do what I need. If I knew that zenith/unity was not iOS I would have ponied up for a Stormcore :(. Anyway time to do some more reading. Also I’ve ordered some hub spacers.
Thanks all for input!

1 Like

That might be possible. The nice guy here from MBS was telling me to give the bindings a try but I got a mortal fear of my feet getting stuck which I know they can always move. I’d like to give them a little try before I decide to get rid of. I’m still quite a way from that point.

1 Like

New update added to post.

Did you have trouble mounting your battery. I to have a 12s8p P42A and I’m concerned about how I’m gonna mount this thing. The battery feels like it’s nearly 20 pounds.

1 Like

Yeh interesting you say I get the battery and casing back early next week so I’ll know then. Im concerned the casing design is just 20 bolts holding it.

1 Like

For any offroad it feels safer to me to have my feet secured, I feel like most falls I would theoretically have would be from coming off the deck

After riding with F5 bindings for a while I’m starting to think I want heel straps too

1 Like

Wanted to say in research I found these mountings…not mine by the way but I’ll follow plan. Note the mounting at the flex part which has more space.

2 Likes

New update added to post.