Had a chafing on a lipo, how should I fix it?

Should I just wrap it in duct tape? or should I order some shrink tubing for it and if so where the hell do I get shrink tubing big enough to cover this fucking thing?

it doesn’t appear to have punctured any of the internal cells it just chafed through the outer heat shrink of the battery before I saw it

1 Like

You can get pretty big rolls of heat shrink on Amazon, I would very carefully remove the old heat shrink to get a good look at the damage to the pouch

2 Likes

emphasizes “very carefully”

2 Likes

AliExpress has almost every size of heatshrink, the clear polyolefin type is really good. The shipping can take a month or more though.

2 Likes

besides removing the old shrink, be super carefully when u heat up the new shrink, all type of batteries doesn’t like heat

2 Likes

You got to try to seal it as best as you can to try to stop chemicals reacting, tape up and heat shrink is what I would use

1 Like

If it didn’t look like the battery pouch was punctured, I’d throw a layer of fiber tape over the area, then a piece of Gaff.

Maybe I would re heat-shrink if I had some the right size, but usually I try to pad my batteries in their enclosure to begin with

1 Like

As said if it didn’t puncture the cell it’s fine and just cover it or not. Not like shrink wrap is the greatest protection anyway and I’d add some tape in that one spot n done.

4 Likes

Thank ya all!!