Grünstern - MOV-E shortboard, 12s3p NESE, Hummie Hubs, Hammock baseplates

Now that I have a spotwelder (bought it for the new boards battery) I ordered 12 new cells since the deck itself fits a 12s4p in the same volume of 12s3p with NESE when spotwelded :slight_smile: If anyones interested in really cheap used NESE pm me :wink:

12s4p here I come :sunglasses:

5 Likes

on that small board is gonna be a lot of power! nice…I thought you anted to keep it lighter since you travel a lot with it.

2 Likes

weight is not a problem, as @Grievor stated, its my gym :smiley: handling/size is more important.
Actually (after some thinking) it is around 200gr lighter since an empty NESE weighs 125 gr (->750gr total, 12 cells -> 560gr) I also want some modularity so I’ll go for connectors between 2s4p groups to be able to split it in 6 <100Wh packs

2 Likes

Repackrd :sunglasses:

One half done:

3 Likes

Lol, I didn’t this time :sweat_smile: the probability of flying is quite low so I just connected the with triple layered nickle, if I’ll fly I buy some cells and use the 12s3p neses I still have :wink:

How is the Nese? I’m thinking about buying some.

Loved them, they are great if you can live with the tradeoff. They take a bit more space and add additional weight to the pack. As you might have read I recently replaced the 12s3p nese in this build with a spotwelded 12s4p which is the same weigth and has the same dimensions.

4 Likes

That’s not bad. Beautiful build by the way!

1 Like

Reworking everything because of the battery upgrade (12s3p -> 12s4p)

8 Likes

4 Likes

Reinforcing battery serial connections, now I’m sure they are more than sufficient :slight_smile:

Will sort the pictures later :joy:

It’s triple nickel plus 63a copper braid.

6 Likes

Hooray, its alive again :slight_smile: Looks like all parallel connections are good and all cells survived the soldering (It was never warmer as before when under heavy load)

2 Likes

My goodness, talk about overkill. How did you manage to solder that braid onto the cells? Any issues with heat?

I didn’t solder to the cells but to the nickel and used a 150w ersa soldering iron which made contact time minimal :slight_smile:

Really? When I tried that, just the thermal mass of the copper was enough to heat the cells up. Then again 150W is more than my crappy 100W…

Edit: looked up your soldering iron – JEEZ that’s expensive :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Some pics of the final build:

I love it, its perfect.

13 Likes

True little work horse :slight_smile: I was thinking if I see a broken MOV-E deck it would be yours as you don’t save it. Glad it holds up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Update: I needed to send one of the motors to @hummieee to fix a broken phase wire inside the motor can. Yesterday I finally managed to put everything back together, this time with a unity I got for cheap (new but second hand, no blood unity :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

Back on track :star_struck:

Thanks @hummieee for fixing the motor, it works and I hope it’ll hold.

8 Likes