[GROUP BUY (‽)] Original Unity Momentary Switch [SERIOUS]

Switches:

I was a dumfuk and rekt my schaphoid shortly after

Summary

doing a lot of drugs

and driving 28 hours non-stop to get to Ohio for New Year’s. That being said, don’t want to type lot when litl do same - so please keep all posts in this thread on topic and related to the purchase of the momentary switches (and) - possibly - pre-crimped 24awg leads (~1ft-1meter lengths)/Unity power input female JST Housings. (AKA pls don’t PM - post everything here)

To begin: Unity Momentary Switch. I’ve found the exact one. Lot that look like it, this it tho. Was tbh pretty damn hard to find (just because of how many look so similar) - but there’s a slight difference in the aesthetic of the housing. I can get them in 12mm dia mount (original) and 16mm mount (slightly larger overall housing/shaft size) along with colors: White, No Color, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange - make your builds slightly spicy or something like that.

I’m thinking $5 per switch +$2.50-3.50 on the total for shipping of any modest amount of switches. This will give me a slight profit for the time involved of re-distributing.

Switches get to my house within a week of ordering. I’m trying to get the order in within 3 days - was supposed to order a while ago. All switches will be sent out within a week of getting to me - except for maybe those who want some custom crimped leads sent with them.

Packages will be coming from

Sydney Grant - Athens, Ohio area

All payments will need to be PayPal to: Sydney.Grant.Official@gmail.com

I’m going to recommend all payments be G&S - I will ask that you cover the 3.5% fee. You are free to send it as F&F - but seriously, I don’t want to deal with any bullshit that can come with using F&F on an online forum. Small chance I’m open to specific trades, but I don’t think any individual will be buying that many switches.

Finally - pre crimped leads and housings.

I got gud at crimping. Two options for wire - maybe I’ll just offer both if there’s enough interest.

24 AWG Turning Silicone - Red/Black and maybe one other color if in stock.

This shit https://www.amazon.com/BNTECHGO-Silicone-Ribbon-Flexible-Parallel/dp/B07PMS5KGX/ref=mp_s_a_1_2 if there’s enough interest.

I’m not a fan of the flat ribbon for flexible routing reasons.

Then, the housings we all know. Will dig up a Mouser link soon.

Not sure about pricing on the leads yet. Will re-visit at not 4A.M.

3 Likes

If interested: Fill out form. A day before I order, I will send invoices to all who have filled out.

ALSO OF IMPORTANCE: THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANTISPARK MECHANISM OF THE UNITY. THIS IS JUST A MOMENTARY SWITCH.

What is happening

@Skunk you had the wrong man

1 Like

As this is a serious topic. I should mention that I found this switch in about 18 seconds. Moqs aren’t eye watering.

There’s a place for this however. It’s got a great profile.

@Brenternet , Did you reverse image search the pictures? If so, yeah, that’s probably easy if it pops up.

Otherwise, please post your link. I’m willing to bet it’s close - but not exact.

The shipping price to get them here is actually kinda high, and they only offer that. Feel free to inquire about that/orchestrate a distribution yourself.

Not so sure as to what you mean by your comment on the MOQ. There is one single distributor of this exact switch - and they have no MOQ. You can even get free samples if you’d so like. If that’s what you’d like esk8 to be - haggling free samples - do that. The shipping of those free samples will still be the price of three very similar momentary switches that probably work just the same with prime shipping on Amazon. If you don’t plan on posting your link though, I’ll politely ask you to not post anything else unrelated to interested in this buy for this switch/crimped wires.

1 Like

Since I build so many 4wd i have some spare Buttons. If you pay shipping i could send you or any other one. My Buttons also have longer cable then standard Unity button.

10 Likes

Nice. I’m personally buying 5 original’s (12mm, white led) and 1 of every other color just to have around for building, and basically the same stock for some friends. Your offer is definitely great for anybody only in need of one or two.

Either way, I’m putting my order in three days from now. Just wanted to throw this out here because I often saw people trying to find these, and they were only ever linked something similar looking.

3 Likes

You seem angry so ok bud :+1: keep it calm.

Will you offer eu shipping? I’d probably take a couple of these switches.

1 Like

I’m not angry. I’d genuinely like you to post what you’ve found. If it’s what I think it is, I’d like to be able to point out the difference so somebody else doesn’t make the same mistake. It’s pretty hard to notice.

I simply disagree with the way you prosed your response. You could’ve just posted the link, said something along the lines of “looks like anybody can buy them here” - and left it at that, instead of insinuating that I’m attempting to make some decent profit out of this endeavor.

If PayPal still has an easy way to do international, I’d presume so. Will try to look into it soon.

3 Likes

K :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hey syd, stop by if you’re going to be near Dayton or Cinci. We’re still binding buds in my book.

Ordering 2 switches so this stays on topic.

Also what does the no color option do when you press it… Nothing to indicate on off?

2 Likes

What?? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is this extra? How much? I just want the jst connector and the wires precrimped, I can solder them my self to the button.

Also how much is shipping international?
Can you set a fix price for like EU, AUS, CAD, ASIA?

Also a side note if you could add a “extra info” section in the doc. that would be great :smile:

Once i know this i will fill out the form.
You might want to give us a date/time limit to fill out the form so people don’t send you money after you have ordered
Cheers this is awesome btw!

Edit nvm about my first question

I’ve got a metric shit ton of these… lol like maybe hundreds

I’ll count them tonight, If anyone’s to buy the whole lot for cheap

4 Likes

Got some interest in this, I’d sell these for $10 a pop shipped in the US. Just gotta make sure I can ship them cheap cheap

Plug and play… stock switch with cables and connector

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chiboards sales thread

Maybe send half to Europe. Perhaps a store like @EboardSolutions would like to buy them, so that shipping them to individual users becomes easier? I’m definitely interested in low profile buttons, it would have been very useful in my upcoming build.

2 Likes

My post is gonnnneeeeeee

1 Like

Do you mean the post selling your stuff in someone else’s group buy instead of in your own sales thread?

3 Likes

You’re right but it’s also relevant because op could buy them from me.

Can you send me my post please sir, thank ya

4 Likes