Grip-Tape Free Sneakers

Gr8 thread already.

6 Likes

I still don’t understand the “dogkicker” reference, and at this point I’m too scared to ask. Same goes for why chargeport always should be on the left side :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Well, I find those extremely ugly, but that aside I think with a smallest drop of water you will be sliding all over the deck without any gtiptape/grit

5 Likes

+1

grass, mud. done

3 Likes

Most of mine are on the right side. Did I miss something? LOL

4 Likes
2 Likes

nice one, ill post in there, though theyve not gone down so well here lol… actually, when i get them i’ll post sum infos there, at least then ill have something to say about em. cheers

1 Like

shoes have spikes. kicking dogs is awful. spikey shoes kicking dogs is terrible and therefore funny. Because united states.

that’s the silliest thing i’ve ever heard. The chargeport goes on the side it fits on while providing the least amount of interference from other components. Several of mine are on the right but its a case by case basis.

I’ve also put them on the front and even the back in the past.

5 Likes

My personal experience with running shoes being used for skateboarding in general, especially downhill.
First real crash and you’re likely to have an exposed toe(s). The shoes are meant to breathe, not to take a beating.

3 Likes

I really hate seeing people in running shoes while riding a motorcycle…
I had a buddy who got on an accident while wearing some random Nikes.
His foot looked like it went through a garbage disposal

1 Like

i went into their store this afternoon and tried them on. had on some nike sertu reacts which are super light. the eytys by contrast felt more like shoes, the souls are heavier and the suede is dense. unlike sneakers there’s no cushioning, more like a very sturdy deck shoe/skate shoe (i.e vans). zero ankle support however…

these are hideous.

3 Likes

each to their own =D i think theyre lusshhh

1 Like

I have got used to the smaller amount of grip when riding without griptape, but only when dry haha

These are ugly af tho :joy:

3 Likes

RIP footbraking. Those spikes would get chewed up or ripped off in no time.

3 Likes

shoes have spikes. kicking dogs is awful. spikey shoes kicking dogs is terrible and therefore funny. Because united states.

Aah, I see. Thanks for making me feel stupid. Thought dogkicker was a reference for something more profound :rofl:

that’s the silliest thing i’ve ever heard. The chargeport goes on the side it fits on while providing the least amount of interference from other components. Several of mine are on the right but its a case by case basis.I’ve also put them on the front and even the back in the past.

For real? I mean I’m no expert and also thought that was weird but I’m dead certain I’ve read this previously one, if not several times… Might have been on the old forum. But I’m obviously not the brightest bulb so might have just been a joke :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

This may be related to how in certain places how you hang your junk in a speedo indicates your orientation. My Brazilian buddy informed me that the side you hang will ensure attention from either males or females. I think hanging right attracts males, don’t quote me. I think its a good system that can save a lot of confusion.

So it makes sense that many males would put the charge port on the left side. Just to be safe. @longhairedboy

2 Likes

I don’t care who i attract, anyone can be dismissed. Its the money on the dresser that makes magic happen.

3 Likes

You came in to my yard and kicked my dog. You will pay dearly.

1 Like

Lol, I’ll keep that in mind if I ever go to Brazil… Or decide to start to rock speedos :see_no_evil:

1 Like