Green Goblin | Kaly XL | 4WD | 16S6P | Spintend | E-toxx Hubs | Moon Drives.

just saw this man and looks insane and pictures or updates?

3 Likes

Geardrives, bindings, heelstraps, BMS, battery box and other misc parts are on their way. I’m printing the battery spacer and wheel adapter models at the moment. Waiting for a deck from Kaly and Apex’s new trucks. I’m ordering batteries, motors and esc’s next month. When the hubs are in I can check the fit of my spacers with the 3d-prints and start turning them out of aluminium or get them printed in metal.

This thread is more of a placeholder, I will post pictures as parts come in the mail and I assemble the board.

1 Like

Nice def want to keep this updated looks insane

1 Like

The image you attached here looks like some sort of NESE system (a non spot-welded battery pack)…I’ve only seen these from Trampa and they’re q pricey. Are you saying you’re printing something similar? (Didn’t know it was possible)

2 Likes

No, I decided on a 16S6P P42A pack and calculated its size using this tool:

I then found a pelicase style box on aliexpress that was big enough:

I then used @ducktaperules 's script to make the pack in fusion and with the dimensions of the pelicase drew a spacer that is currently being printed.
The battery will be welded together with nickel strips in this configuration: (each colour is a P group)

3 Likes

Nice outline of the process. I draw the line at battery building, and though it is tempting I can’t think of another application for the skills other than esk8. Good luck with it, looks like a sweet build :ok_hand:

1 Like

Drives are in! Package was beat to shit but luckily nothing was damaged. Amazing quality as always, thanks @moon .

14 Likes

Did you reorder the bolts for the drives? Very pretty

Or did moon accommodate the request?

2 Likes

I ordered them on aliexpress. They’re green anodised aluminium though, not steel like the one Moon provides. Since all they do is hold the lids on and there is 11 of them per drive I think it’ll be fine.

12 Likes

Hubs came in today, a little darker green than expected but great quality and very solid regardless! Thanks @NoWind

15 Likes

Deck came in the mail today, all the way from Peru thanks to @eBoosted!

11 Likes

My god, put it together now! I expect mock up pics in 2 mins at my desk

7 Likes

Darn - too bad those threaded inserts had to put all the way through the board and are silver. Still gonna be a heck of a build.

Turns out I got sent the wrong deck, figuring it out with eBoosted now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whats wrong about it?

2 Likes

Probably the medium flex vs the stiff one

Flex is fine, but I never wanted the enclosure. Turns out this one was meant to go to @BigBen.
The packages got mixed up.

6 Likes

Cells fit nicely with room to spare for a BMS, just need to figure out how to route the connectors.

10 Likes