GP Evolution, 4WD, sexy TKP trucks, wireless enclosure™, and more

2 September 2021

Designed custom mounts. Shorter so that they can be forward mounted and no more spacers required for the bloody protruded Reacher motor bearings!

8 Likes

2 September 2021

Time to admit that riding a deck with no concave kinda sucks. :sweat_smile:

On the other hand, a half-binding is so much easier to install on a flat deck! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

3 September, 2021

Mismatched motors exceed expectations!

7 Likes

7 September, 2021

… nevertheless, symmetry is symmetry. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

7 October, 2021

Time to admit it. Even if you add a half-binding, riding a flat deck kinda sucks.

But! You can always add custom concave pads!

8 Likes

29 November, 2021

Time for a bigger battery! I’m out of fishpaper and who would want to fiddle with it anyway?! 3D print all the things!

7 Likes

30 November, 2021

Pre-tinning wires – the easy way!

10 Likes

30 November, 2021

More progress!

7 Likes

2 December, 2021

Battery finished, fused, installed and it doesn’t even fall off the deck when flipped over! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

18 January, 2022

Stooge monster wheels arrived. Time to get them installed.

7 Likes

26 January, 2022

Amortizing my new toy professional equipment.

4 Likes

31 January, 2022

Custom printed pulleys to make the Stooge wheels work with my belt drive.

8 Likes

1 February, 2022

Aaand… it fits like a glove! As usual! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

4 February, 2022

The most beautiful trucks ever arrived from @Savage1. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

9 February, 2022

Almost finished installing! Now I only have the wheels to put on. How hard can that be. Right?

5 Likes

11 February, 2022

Completely straightforward. I basically just put them on. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

27 June, 2022

Now that I have race wheels installed, a bit more power would come in handy. Starting to plan a 4WD.

5 Likes

28 June, 2022

Progress!

4 Likes

30 June, 2022

4WD rebuild finished! It’s not perfect. I don’t have the original mounts for the front truck and I use my custom mounts instead. Those sit closer to the edges of the hanger and don’t leave enough space on the axle for the Stooge wheels. So I put my good old Trampa wheels instead.

Also, doing this properly would require to completely rebuild the battery so that I can route the wires through the middle of the deck. That would be a ton of work so instead I kept the second ESC in the bottom enclosure and ran extra pair of discharge wires through the back of the enclosure in a rather ugly way. To be fixed soon™.

6 Likes

4 August, 2022

Upgrade time! Metal > not metal.

8 Likes