Got my Li-Po batteries. How would I connect it in series?

i’d put em in a fire resistant pouch

3.8v for storage and discharge to 3.6v while riding.

Alright, appreciate it

For storage?

ya
lipos aren’t a set it and forget it sort of thing, you gotta take care of them
some general pointers are:

• if they are excessively puffed, stop using hem, discharge as close to 0V as possible and dispose of properly

• avoid going over 4.2V per cell

• try to charge at a 1C charge rate or lower, [lower is always better], whenever possible (1C = the capacity rating of the pack ie 4.2Ah @1C = 4.2A)

• avoid going below 3.0V per cell

• do not charge if the packs are warm to the touch

• don’t leave packs at full charge for long periods of time ( i usually do no more than 24 hours)

• store at 3.8V per in a fire safe container & area

• the usual don’t puncture, bend, inhale, eat, drink, smash, etc

made some edits

4 Likes

For the maximum charge what you recommend is a safety limit? 1C is a good charge rate, I was recommended to charge at that rate. They won’t get all puffy if you charge them correctly? Some
People have the same lipos over 2 years, that’s the same kind of quality care I wanna put into those batteries

keep them between 3.6 and 4.15 volts and balanced with a bms and they should last a few years. charge at 4 amps or less for your batteries. and dont keep them fully charged for more than a few days.

One more thing. If you have time on your hands, just go on youtube and search for lipo safety, lipo beginners etc and watch a few videos. Thats how I learned about them.

3 Likes

lipos will always puff over time, it’s natural due to chemical processes of impurities

most of the time it’s trivial amounts, and you don’t have to worry about it, just when it looks like a danger pillow

if a ell is like 4.21 or something, that’s fine, but stay below 4.2, absolutely below 4.23-4.25 or you risk big boom

1 Like

Alright, 4.2 for maximum charge and 3.6 for discharge

3.6 resting
usually when lipos are at 3.0V per under load, they recover to 3.6-3.7V after they sit around fo r lil bit

I wouldn’t want it to go to 3.0v

2 Likes

vesc monitors Ah draw

3.0 under load*

2 Likes

So I’m going for the 10s BMS from lithiumbatterypcb. Can anyone tell me how it all wires up, I find looking on a thread that the explanation in words is confusing asf for some reason, pictures will help better in my opinion.

1 Like

you did not read all 15K posts in The battery builders club Gosh I am offended

try this

3 Likes

Just got my ‘correct’ wire and bullet connectors for the BMS…just in case

… bullet connectors?…
where do they go?

2 Likes

in the soldering gun.

1 Like

Don’t you need to solder bullet connectors onto the two black wires on the ltt BMS?

1 Like

XT30s

1 Like