🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

I put in a hard line usb port on my vanguard build because it happens too often.

2 Likes

Yeah I did the same with my d75. Thought I’d get away that one timeout change but nope. I knew the can id’s but I could see it was reading the wrong ones. I manually put in the correct id and yeah this still happened.

Annoying it’s micro b. I’ve got USB C port here ready to use.

1 Like

Is anyone runnung more than 120 motor amps? Absolute max is limited to 150. Been told about high current sampling to get around that but is anyone actually running it?

I think @JeffyJ has been running 135 motor amps

He’s running the old version though.

I believe the 150 thing only came in on recent batch firmware or was posted as a custom file. My first batch d100 you would set to 199 absolute.

@YUTW123 phase filters go back on and abs slow is off on that 5 3 dv6 pro file on the site too. Does the new dv6 pro have phase filters?

1 Like

My dv6 pro on the custom 5.3FW was running at 135A per motor but ESC was getting hot fast. And yes it’s first version with absolute max set at 200A.

I have a new DV6 pro too in another build. New motors just arrived so will get that back up and running very soon. I’m fairly sure I’ll be able to do the same with that.

4 Likes

Let me know how you go man. Figured it’s pretty weird that these things are rated to 180 yet limited to 150 absolute. I should have taken a pic of the truncated parameter warning.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a mistake and they didn’t update the firmware properly? The old one definitely used to be max 140, I have that one. I get over current errors at 115a so I need to check my settings

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know. My new d75 is the same. Same setting in both the pre loaded firmware and the custom file I downloaded from the maker X site. But that’s a nasty accident waiting to happen if someone runs 120+ and leaves the slow abs on default.

My batch 1 d75 has an abs max current of 200a, so I’m assuming there’s a mistake somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah my d100 was the same. I just assumed they put a more conservative limit on them since all of the issues

1 Like

The dv6 is different architecture than the d60/75/100

2 Likes

Yeah was thinking they did just did it across the board?

Does the dv6 pro have phase filters? I turned them off out of instinct from the earlier shit show but I was reading on the website the warning only applies to the d100 h100 etc

1 Like

No idea sorry mate
images (9)

Only the first run but this new dv6pro seems to be running sweet anyway :call_me_hand:

Temps stay stable. I’ve got no need to push it any harder.

5 Likes

Do you have the source code that enabled the button support? I can add that to the main release

4 Likes

I’ve been running 160 motor amps and 200 absolute max on the original DV6 pro. Haven’t checked the latest firmware though

4 Likes

Dug this out, is it a different version?
Can I still use the same latest firmware?
Anything different I need to know about?

1 Like

I have this version of the DV6 Pro and I’ve been completely unable to load FW6 onto it yet.

It needs custom firmware @YUTW123 does the latest 5.3/6.0 firmware on your website still work on the original DV6 Pro?

1 Like