🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

So, I’m trying to read around about this and sounds like it’d be more effective to connect one esc ground to the shielding for more effectiveness. Can anyone confirm, @YUTW123?

Alright, my friend ChatGPT said that I should connect the ground pin of one side to the shield, and that on a CANBUS it should be the receiving end (going to use the side without the PPM receiver as the “receiving” side). So, I will try that and see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s bad to connect the grounds of each ESC together as they are already connected through the negative of your battery. If you want to connect the shielding of a cable to ground (as you should) then you need to connect it to one ESC ground, doesn’t matter which one as they are both connected to each other anyways. By not connecting together you are avoiding a ground loop.

Thanks for confirming. I also messaged David directly and he said similar as well, but it’s good to have in the thread for posterity.

2 Likes

after terrible luck with multiple 100Dx on my lonestar I’ve sold my board and am almost checked out of esk8, this DV6 pro looks like a tempting choice to do a new 12s build on, but most of my other build’s stuff is for higher voltages, and im just reading tons of setup issues from this thread.
Also, how reliable is the D100 esc?

1 Like

Pretty good, but if you’re going for reliability pick up an SKP solo. They seem rock solid. Cant wait to install mine

1 Like

Get 10% off on Children’s Day !

4 Likes

Are the DV6 pro mounting holes the same as the DV6? Can’t seem to find the answer. Trying to ensure I can attach one to my InfinitySink.

2 Likes

Yes they are

1 Like

I wish I could react with :pray:

Thank you!

4 Likes

Is there any way to disable roll to start on the pro?

1 Like

Removing this diode disables the push start.

5 Likes

Looks like I’m doing that lol

1 Like

Blockquote

Does this version have an built-in switch? I’m plugging my switch into A3 but doesn’t seem to do anything.

no

1 Like

A3 is just the third ADC pin, you’re probably shorting your 3.3V line if you’re plugging a switch into this.

Isn’t it just a high impedance input? So nothing is shorting into anything as far as I would guess.

@YUTW123 How much current can I pull from the DV6 5v supply?
I’m trying to power some utility (leds and MCU).

1 Like

Theoretically it’s 1A. but it’s best not to use it as a high power load.

But startup utility will be fine.

translation machine converted “JST” to “Japanese Standard Time” :rofl: