Go-FOC DV4s/DV6s/D100s<FREE SHIPPING!>

Its also possible to do your motor detection and input values without using the wizards. @Tony_Stark might be willing to guide you through this. I believe the wizards do not play nice with the maker x crap

2 Likes

Worth a try. Cheers. I’ll attempt one at a time first on wizards.

Id try detecting with can connected. Skill issue having to do each esc separately.

Followed as instructed (minus attempting to get power buttons working) and I’m back in business.

Thanks very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

So if im correct, to run two DV6s’s id need a singular loopkey to power both, and for initial connection, disconnect the can cable, plug in power for both, then connect? From there, is there a way to use a single power button for both or do i have to use that loopkey?

As long as your esc’s are being connected to the battery at the exact same time, you are good.

For my 4wd with d100s’s, I soldered the ESC battery leads together, so I don’t have to worry about any accidental connect/disconnects while can is connected. I only have one xt90 so it’s impossible to blow up the can chips.

3 Likes

So if i get power to both of them, would i just use one power button for both of the vesc’s or would i have to have two? Definitely will be using a single loopkey to power both on at the same time whenever i need to use the loopkey, but what about when im just using the power button? If i have a single power button, would that be able to boot both of them simultaneously?

Can use either one or two buttons no problem

1 Like

Gotcha so the power to both at the same time thing is just for the intial plugging in, past that i can boot them without issues. Thanks!

Like sug said, one power button or two, either is fine. There is no issue turning them on at separate times. The issue is when they are connected to power at different times. As long as that loopkey connect/interrupts power to both at the same time, you are ok.

1 Like

Since they cant be asked to make it publicly available.

5 Likes

Single battery output to XT90 splitter, loop key runs through negative

Curious what the reason is behind the “stable” label on the 5.3 d100s firmware… what issues have there been with the later versions so far?

2 Likes

Hey, I have a DV6s after I killed a stormcore in one of my boards, and I think I may have killed the stormcore in my other board. I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with DV4s VESCS? I wanna make sure I know all sides before I drop the cash on the ESC. I have had no issues with the DV6s so far. Thanks!

my dv4s works fine in my board. Running 80 motor amps/50 batt amps per side

Under 60k erpm?

I believe he’s running 57k max. 12s at 190kv, 14 pole.

1 Like

According to @jaykup , modern vesc firmware on 4.xx based hardware does just fine above 60k

1 Like

Now, orders with a value higher than $100 will be free of shipping charges!
:partying_face::partying_face:

15 Likes

Is there any reason to go with the DV6s over the D100s besides the push to start feature and the marginally lower price?

Is the firmware any more/less stable on either of them?