Glossary of Terms

Pretty different from core-kegel

2 Likes

Added a picture to help distinguish between boardside and roadside bushings :slight_smile:

More motor terms would be nice, like Keyway, Windings, Can/Bell, Grub screws, etc.

redundancy/redurndercy:

esk8/RC receivers output PWM.

huh, that’s where it all started huh…aewsome.

also, always thought vedder was a german, but he’s a swede.

two revelations today.

2 Likes

@rusins bushing image was good add.
Keyway is already listed
agree on Windings, Can/Bell, Grub Screws etc. added them to the list will update definitions as time allows.

@professor_shartsis good point. there appears to be a debate on definition and application in a separate thread

What is the agreed upon definition for redundancy as it relates to esk8?

@b264 thanks for the clarification. corrected the glossary

1 Like

Direct Drive: any wheel to motor combination with a 1:1 ratio

5 Likes

While I fully agree with correct terminology its commonly referred to as ppm. Across the board(excuse the pun) Maybe bracket the ppm after pwm so to aid understanding.

Again good write up.

4 Likes

ImpartialMeagerEidolonhelvum-size_restricted

Bookmarked. Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this. Cheers!

6 Likes

@Dareno - good suggestion. updated.

@rusins updated Windings, Can/Bell, Grub Screws. Since I was at it, added Outrunner/Inrunner, and Poles as well with linked to images. Since these items come up with some ESC configuration software.

2 Likes

This is great info and bookmarked. I was only pointing out that be it correct or not, split ppm is the commonly used term for linking 2 vescs without using canbus so the clarification maybe a bit pedantic but easier for new builders to understand. I know how confused I was in the beginning especially with all the acronyms.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m always reminded of how little I know when attempting to explain things to others. In my experience providing detail on technical items early is well worth the effort and usually avoids confusion and frustration later. So a pendant you are not.

2 Likes

can we use Kegel Core wheels during Core-Kegel exercises?

2 Likes

I will hurt you. Unlimited cosmic power.

1 Like

1 Like

This is a useful and informative thread and much as I love derailing, (fuck I love derailing threads) this is not the place to do it. Behave yourself.

(I love derailing threads)

4 Likes

We have so needed this. Thanks for taking the initiative and doing a great job with it!

1 Like

You may want to revise the definition above as you can see from the picture below, both RKP and TKP truck’s king pins face outward from the center. The characteristic that differentiates a RKP from a TKP is the RKP pivot axis and king pin axis are perpendicular to each other where the TKP’s are not.

3 Likes

thanks Brad, i’ll include this in the update i make this weekend. mind if i link to the picture you show here?

2 Likes