[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

I get it for sound. Idk if makes an argument for smoothness at our normal operational rpm.

Compared to the maytechs I was running, it felt to me a lot less jerky and coasted longer.

4 Likes

i guess yeah you will have a smoother coast cus the motors are weaker.

Less eddy currents in the stator since there aren’t sharp changes in flux.

2 Likes

by “cogging” I think you mean the cogging exhibited when turning the motor around by hand… in my experience and from the research I’ve done… cogging doesn’t necessarily mean a good strong motor or a bad motor…

the cogging can show how strong the magnets are but also shows how weak the field is… that’s the cog…

5 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.
Is efficiency affected in a meaningful way either way?

[EDIT] just saw Hummie’s comment -good thread

I’ve opted for two of these -being in the UK, it would be a sin not to -thanks Anubis! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Deodand it would be interesting to hear about your thoughts.

1 Like

The idea is to lessen the transition between north and south poles. In the simulations I’ve run it generally just decreases torque density slightly and also decreases iron losses slightly more than simply using thinner magnets. But in what I’ve seen typically you just taper the edge of the magnet not oval the entire face.

6 Likes

I looked through a couple times. Did a US re-shipper get worked out?

It would be significantly more expensive to have a US reshipper. Your shipping is garbage, its cheaper for me to ship a package from here to you than it is for you to ship it 1 state. Especially the antisparks or less than 2 motors, both only cost $8 or $20 respectively while shipping from state -> state is $15 at least, more for too many motors.

Once I collect shipping addresses, I will see if I can ship multiples to the same City

7 Likes

I don’t know what shipper you guys use but I can ship a 40” esk8 for $40 coast to coast. Just paid $26 for 1500 miles. But $20 to me from you is fine. I’ll add myself to the list.

2 Likes

Yeah, $40 C2C is definitely cheaper than $8 Europe2USA… What are you guys smoking in the US?

1 Like

Bro. For a 25lb package with $2K of insurance not a couple motors.

And while we are on it, yeah, our weed is better. Lol.

Edit: I partially take that back. Austria is pretty decent.

I was born in the Netherlands, so yeah… Yours is worse.

EDIT: insurance Up to 2K costs nothing, maybe a buck. FedEx and UPS are ridiculously expensive and really bad, worldwide. The only one worse, but still cheaper, is GLS.

1 Like

@fastrider You guys had our daddy back in the 90s and early 2000’s. It’s taken off like a rocket ship here in the last 10 years. Not trying to measure dongs, I’ve had an Amsterdam good time there before.

1 Like

Me neither, just arguing that @Anubis is right.

Glad you had a good time in Amsterdam :slight_smile:

Do you have a picture of the new 6354?
Just ordered the available ones a few weeks ago sadly :frowning:

No it has not arrived yet but it is basically the same as the bronze and raw aluminium coloured 6374 but shorter.

2 Likes

I’ll be invoicing and stuff from tomorrow!
The final costs are looking to be about as follows (Plus shipping to you, which costs about $7/motor, $3/antispark depending on location)

• Per motor (With all fees) the cost is ~$66.50 (A saving of 35-50% depending on shipping)
  • Per antispark (With all fees) the cost is ~$33.25 (A saving of 30-40% depending on shipping)
  • Per steel collared 16mm wide pulley still $5

If you want to be super helpful PM me confirming your order, paypal email to invoice and shipping location :slight_smile:

Some common order final costs including shipping/taxes/fees/other are:
2 Motors to the US = $155 (+33.25 per antispark)
2 Motors to Europe = $145 (+33.25 per antispark)

11 Likes

Can you tell me how far out the grubscrew on your steel pulleys is? How much shaft do i need.