[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

I threw together a pdf document of 7-8 pages on stuff id like to see in a motor for their upcoming series of motors. I haven’t received a sample yet so I have no idea what they have implemented or not. But there is a set of 6354 motors that they posted about a week ago. I’l go over the product and take it apart when it gets here and have a proper look a what they have implemented so far. But only time will tell how it holds up in the long run. They are telling me that the design is still under development as of now, so im not sure why it’s already up for sale. Just fyi im not earning a single dollar from this other than this free sample.

-obvious it was a shitload of things. but I mainly pushed them on:
-battle harden the magnets & some on the windings.
-Keyway between shaft & motor can
-High quality silicone phase & sensor wires, keep them at least 300 & 350 mm long connectors supplied not soldered, mr 60 preferred or bullets
-Highest quality bearings they could afford, with special attention to the seals and the grease used.
-convex magnets on both sides. SH rated (higher temp) & the highest “N” number they could afford.
-Special attention to conformal coating on hall sensors and strainrelease, or just don’t include them.
-And longer shafts for the possibility of encoders in the future.
-polished raw is sexy

10 Likes

Is the 6354 motor you mentioned available to order yet?

1 Like

No not yet only the 6374 for some reason. There is also a larger 638x version in the works.

1 Like

I would join but the shaft seems to short for my board.

I have about ~3.2-3.4cm usable space after the motor mount.

The Flipsky has 3.4cm before the motor mount so 2.9cm after.

this is what i’m working with.

Reverse the pulley? I actually have the same issue with my own pulleys and maytechs, it doesn’t quite fit (The flipsky ones will though) - solution is just to have the collar inwards and move the mount back a little

3 Likes

Doesn’t work for me. My mounts have crossbars.

The TB motor pulleys i had before were perfect.

1 Like

grubscrews are ass either way just use some Loctite 648 and you should be good to go key both surfaces with some low grit sandpaper and properly degrease with acetone, then let cure for like 72 hours, have had zero issues running it like this for the past 1.5 years. if done right it should be sufficient.
Those looks like aluminum pulleys which are good for like 25 rides. jokes aside, steel are the way to go.

2 Likes

I’m in for 2 motors and antispark

I’ve jumped in for an a/s

2 Likes

Hey all, just wanted to give an update on this.
The shipping per motor keeps going up. They’re in production, but as it stands the price to ship via DHL is as high as $11 per motor (Usually it would be 2-3) up from 8$ in the original price estimate.
The quantity just keeps going up, and we’re on track to place an order for more motors than we originally planned for. The antispark quantity has already risen from 30 to 50 and may also keep going up.

Unfortunately, even with these increased quantities the shipping price is going up faster than the economy of scales is taking it down. As of this minute, the price is sitting at approx $65.80/motor.
We can opt for sea/train frieght. This would take a long time, but it cuts shipping costs under half, making the cost about 59.60 per motor. The extended time on this would be an additional 30 days after production has finished (Estimated to be in early June).

Please let me know what you guys want to do. Perhaps we can air freight the antisparks and a few motors (If some want them ASAP) and train freight the others.

8 Likes
  • I will wait 1 month to save $6
  • Expedited shipping is worth it

0 voters

3 Likes

Can you up my order to 2 antisparks I made a mistake filling in the form or should I fill the form in again?

Faaaaak im sorry

Just fill in another second form for 2 antisparks, I’ll be PMing everyone to make sure what to invoice anyway

4 Likes

@anubis before ordering can you pm cause cnat remember what i ordered and i might want to add/change to it

How about you pm before ordering :roll_eyes:

Imagine if he had to pm everyone who wanted it before ordering, what a drag lol

5 Likes

Yeah I will sorry
Thanks

1 Like

Thats exactly what he said…

3 Likes

Last time I didn’t even take forum names, so I had to figure out who people were based on their emails :rofl:

4 Likes

Well in that case, @Halbj613 sorry for being harsh but it is still a lot of work.

@Anubis oh lord lol that sounds awful

I’m still considering getting in on this lol

1 Like

Yeah it’s good