[Global] [Closed] Flipsky VX2 & VX1 Remote Group Buy Post-Order Discussion

Any chance for another run? :slight_smile: When will you get more in you webshop @Anubis?

1 Like

I have some on the way from 4PX and its departed from China.

I am actually also waiting because Flipsky has been kind enough to set aside some units from their next production to send without any rubber coating. The rubber coating causes pretty much all the issues with coloring the remotes, as you can see in this image

Wherever there is rubber coating, as soon as it comes into contact with acetone it will crack up about 50% of the time, usually after too many layers to fix. It also causes fitment issues when I apply clearcoat there can be tolerance issues due to the thickness of the rubber coating + paints.

I will be receiving raw ABS shells with my new remotes, which means they’ll likely all be colored. I’ll be able to just do regular plain base colors without any issues (previously the cracking ruined them most of the time, as well as the fact if I sanded even a tiny bit unevenly it would show up badly) I can also probably plastidip them again with some reliability for the same rubber coating feeling, but without any cracking or adhesion issues.

Until those are here though, I’ll have a few more regular units to sell. As for a group buy, I am thinking of doing a Cloudwheels one? ~$80 shipped worldwide. I’ll post an interest thread in a few products soon.

9 Likes

:smiley: I have a pending delivery of these, should have waited a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish i would’ve joined the GB. What i don’t like about the vx2 is the really bad looking housing assembly. Its just looks so crooked and flimsy where the screen is.

Yea, the mould is actually crooked, its kinda shitty. Maybe they’ll fix it

1 Like

maybe some 12s8a chargers from YEWY? They are like £30 and top quality.

8 Amps feels a little overkill xD Also I don’t think they offer a large bulk discount, the prices are already pretty damn low. Cloudwheels are expensive when buying 1 set, but shipping from the UK globally is still under $15 and if they’re under 80/set I know i’d grab a set.

I’ll make a poll, why not.

1 Like

Any chance of getting a 12s 5+A charger?

I’m down for some cloud wheels.

Why not order your chargers individual on aliexpress etc. Those are damn cheap

1 Like

@pookybear
@pjotr47
@moon

Okay go vote on the poll or make a suggestion

Cant find a 8a charger… Also 1 month shipping :confused:

For cloudwheels what pulley options are there…

Use a dual charging system, its more versatile anyway as surely you don’t need to charge at 8A every time

i-wonder has a 39T HTD5M Plastic pulley with a bearing for $5, pretty sweet option to add on in the group buy if we do that one. 39T is about right for the wheel size too.

1 Like

Cannot geteither remote to
Work using uart

1 Like

Are they paired?

Yes. One just spins the master and the vx2 does nothing but the light shows them paired.

Hmm, maybe make a thread on it. Its unlikely both are faulty, maybe do a FW update if you haven’t already

I think its the old firmware. Im updaging an esc i have to see if it works. The first remote is fine using ppm

1 Like

hello I am having problems connecting my vx1 to my vesc.

i have a the vx1 for vesc 4 but i am using a vesc 6 however PPM doesn’t work.
i am binded to the receiver and i have set the vesc to ppm imput.
the vesc works with othger remotes.

my main question is, is there a difference between the vx1 made for vesc4 and the vx1 made for vesc 6. from what i found the only difference is the wiring for uart control ( swap tx and rx ).

thx for the help.

This is almost certainatly the wrong thread to post this one on, perhaps #esk8-electronics:guides-support or something.
That being said (please don’t reply to my reply here, make a new thread if you require additional support)
PPM is universal between the two, V6/4 is literally just a cable difference. Infact, flipsky often ships “compatible with both v4/v6” because its just a 0.01$ cable. So that won’t be the source of your issues.
If you’re 100% sure you’ve setup the VESC correctly, which i highly reccomend doing entirely through the “Input setup wizard” on the main page,

I’d go through the following steps.

1. Make sure you have the most up to date VESC tool
  2. Do a firmware upgrade on the “Firmware” tab on the left side of the vesc tool. Make sure its plugged in well and do not touch it until its entirely done (The VESC restarts itself)
  3. Make sure “RT APP” on the thin, very right hand side bar is activated and highlighted in green
  4. Reseat all connectors related to the controller by plugging them in again
    (Do the motor setup wizard here)
  5. Run through the Setup input. Ensure the remote is on, and importantly is on the highest speed mode so you don’t run through and set the bands on eco mode (Which would make every mode eco mode…) the VX1 does “modes” by just limiting the PPM band output.
  6. You should see the values changing in calibration, if they are you should be able to control the board using PPM once the setup is finished (make sure you’ve set the limits, but the wizard should make this obvious)
  7. check under App settings “General” on the right hand side, APP to Use should be PPM or UART and PPM.
  8. Check the “PPM” tab under App settings. Control Type needs to be something thats not Off. Probably Current no reverse with brake or Current smart reverse