glass frit vs griptape

i’m interested in doing a glass frit as you can show off some incredible artwork. Q: is it really grippy i ride and carve aggressively and have alway used coarse grip tape but i keep seeing boards that look like they only have a few pieces of glass in order to show off the deck is it that grippy even when wet help needed

3 Likes

Depends on the application. Thick coating of fine with some medium isn’t too bad. Don’t think it’s a grippy as grip tape tho.

5 Likes

^that. It entirely depends on what frit you use, how many coats on top of the frit, a million factors. Imo the best grip is achieved by stripes of different sizes of frit. Quartz sand heavily laid on epoxy feels the most like really good grip tape, imo. But there’s too many kinds of griptape and too many different frit techniques to directly compare frit to tape.

1 Like

Don’t sleep on bedliner as grip. Really lets the art shine through.

2 Likes

what is bedliner

1 Like

Frit sucks at even the slightest hint of moisture.

Personally I think grip like vicious or lokton is far superior to frit if you are looking for maximum grip.

2 Likes

It’s a spray-on texture coat.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at the vicious in clear so I can put a design on the deck I also realise I will lose that design once I replace my grip tape… so far tape is looking better than frit for what I need

1 Like

I have fritted a bunch of boards dude and I truly prefer griptape if grip is the top priority

6 Likes

:100: I subjectively tested the grip on my fritted, studded and grip-taped boards with a bunch of different shoes/soles and the grip tape was the hands-down winner by a country mile.

4 Likes

Thanks for that I’m going to stick with the tape much appreciated

1 Like