Ghost acceleration

As far as I know the failesafe of the puck is set to zero, so you are going to roll out with your board. Still can feel like a hard brake if you just accelerated before you lost the signal.

I‘d tag @JJHoyt @jack.luis they can tell you for sure what the puck failesafe is set to.

2 Likes

It’s under the app config, I would definitely test it going slow first to see how it feels when you turn the remote off.

5 Likes

I have also been experiencing signal loss on the VX2 Pro V4/V6, but I have now changed the receiver and also the remote with new parts.

I really hope this is going to fix it otherwise it may seem that I have to get the Puck remote. It’s sad to see so many people having issues with VX2 :frowning:

A roll out would be the best solution. I don’t know why not all manufacturers are doing it. It seems like a no brainer.

Because hoyt decided signal strength was the priority:

The Hoyt St Puck remote control is engineered with proprietary radio control technology that evades interference while maintaining stable receiver sensitivity. The transmitter channel hops every micro-second across 16 channels to deliver the most secure level of continuous connectivity.

4 Likes

Be aware that there not only signal drop outs, but also signal indifferences. I had that once happened in the city with my GT2b going full nuts out of nowhere. I did see that behavior as well on Trampas Wand multiple times, not sure if that’s a problem with the poti on the wand thou.
I also had it once happening that my puck got full throttle from time to time. It was winter at that point and salty water from the street came inside the shell which did cause the poti to give a faulty signal out.

This sounds very scary. Those ghostings are really a death trap.
The technical part of the puck seams legit, but the shape, lack of display/telemetry and the price are serious down sides.

Only remote that matches the pucks connectivity and has a screen is the OSRR

Are you saying you wish the puck was $280?

If the shape is an issue for you, you can also just get the pcb and print your own shell. There are many different designs available. I’m sure there is one which will fit most of us under all those. The pcb is 59$, need to buy the receiver separately, but still than it’s ~90$ which isn’t too bad in my opinion.
The missing display is an argument, but the question is if it’s always needed. For people with a DaveGA or App that shows telemetry on their smart watch isn’t a need for a display on the remote.
I mean, everybody needs to set his/her priorities.
I‘d rather have no display and pay a bit more, than having a display, paying less but each ride I need to worry about cut outs.

2 Likes

that’d likely be down to the esc fw not remotes

can’t send signals from the remote if there’s no remote connected

shameless plug

poastmote

2 Likes