Getting used to riding multiple boards

Hey Guys

So this is my newest problem, now that I have two boards running, one Hummie on 85mm wheels and a Trampa MTB on 8"

I don’t have to say that they are two completely different rides. And now that I ride both, both are weird to ride. I got a few days without riding the trampa, just the hummie, and yesterday when I hoped into it it was almost disaster quite a few times, on the end of my ride it was ok, but nowhere as good as I was on it before starting with the hummie

What do you guys have to say? The first it comes to mind is @rafaelinmissouri that changes boards all the time

9 Likes

Thats the entire purpose of having multiple boards? That they’re different, else one would be enough. :man_shrugging: alteast, thats my excuse

8 Likes

For how long have you had both boards?

Imo it’s kinda like guitars. Each have their own characteristics but after some time muscle memory kicks in and your body adjusts automatically the second you change board/guitar.

12 Likes

I ride a summerboard and an electric mountainboard - diametrically opposed experiences and thats whats amazing about them.

8 Likes

This is a great analogy.

When I’ve switched between multiple boards the biggest difference to overcome is the amount of lean in required for each different setup.

Going from a Loaded Vanguard on Paris V3’s to a Bajaboard is truly a shock! The Bajaboard as most would assume is a literal boat by comparison, I would fall off every 5 seconds due to leaning into a carve far too much. You generally get used to it after a few minutes or so.

Same thing happens to me when I ride my mtb a lot and switch to my hummie or vice versa. The first ride is always a bit off feeling. It goes away after a bit though, especially the more often you swap between them.

2 Likes

I’d agree but that’s ones you get use to both boards. Speed wobble on my 32 spud had almost caught me out a few times in the first few minits

I got the same situation here. Thane and 8in AT with a front binding. Also, I’m a skier. I like the interpret the weirdness as a challenge. It makes riding and skiing a bit more interesting.

1 Like

both of my dailies are street builds but one has 6" tires on belts and the other has boas on direct drives. Sometimes i forget i’m on urethane and do tire stuff. That’s when the pain starts.

8 Likes

@rafaelinmissouri paging the hoarder and master of riding a 1000 boards (at once)

5 Likes

aw man I feel this. I have my Evo on metro 155’s then my hummie with 110’s. Going from AT to thane sometimes I catch myself doing 30+ in areas with shit road or taking a corner wayyy to fast for thane.

1 Like

i need to just get some slide gloves and put a hand down and be a man about it.

3 Likes

see i have a slide glove for my left hand a hoyt puck haha, they’ve saved my ass while falling. I take corners low but something about touching the ground while turning seems like I’ll fuck it up and eat shit. I really want to slide my hummie but Im afraid of wrecking it lol. I wont even bother trying to slide my evo.

1 Like

talking about the sender evo? oh yeah you better not wreck that work of art.

2 Likes

Yep.
Riding the different styles is a great joy for me.

It is rare I will ride the same board twice in a row.

On a good day I’ll ride 3 different boards…

I think what ends up happening is I always start the ride off mellow to get the groove of the particular deck I’m riding.

What is funny is that I will graze 30 on the Haero and it feels like no big deal.
Then I’ll jump on the Coyote and 20 feels like I’m flying.

The only trouble I have sometimes is on the little yellow Wowgo with the surf adapter.
Because it has a hobbywing remote… And all others I use the mini.
So at some point in the ride I end up forgetting and pushing the thumb wheel the wrong way.

13 Likes

Ok no need to flex your esk8 wealth on us :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes, do it. This weekend!

And don’t get slide gloves, make them. I’m sure you have a blow torch and one too many cutting boards.

2 Likes

That Omakase looks delicious!

Do you have a build thread?

1 Like

Ohhh no. I definitely felt the need.
:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The Omakase is magical. Probably the perfect kicktail for eSk8.

And sorry but I don’t have a dedicated build thread on that one.
I just ramble on in my journal…
So it is buried in there.

1 Like