Get yourself a Fleet PC

Lenovo thinkpads are awesome still, really great laptops

3 Likes

You shut your whore mouth right now

The technical term is superclit and once you master it you transcend like Keanu.

Shout out to FreeGeek if you’re looking for affordable used fleet computers: https://www.freegeek.org/

They have an ebay store with some great deals that’ll pop up, my favorite local non-profit.

6 Likes

I want to agree. Probs won’t (shouldn’t) find them in secure facilities.

I want to flick that red bean but I can’t touch the new ones.

5 Likes

The most common ones are probably the Dell Optiplex line. Every cube-farm has hundreds of the fuckers, and they throw them out to be recycled or whatever every few years as they upgrade.

They’re basic, cheap, and generally super easy to work on. Most simple operations (hard drive swap for example), can be completed in seconds with zero tools, other than maybe to take the sled off of one drive and put it on the other.

4 Likes

You have any favorites? Im super tempted to build one once I expand my shop.

1 Like

Yup that’s what I’ve been using - Dell Optiplex are stupidly easy to repair.

@DerelictRobot freegeek is awesome I’ll def buy from them from now on.

1 Like

Dude they bought the entire assembly lines/factories when they took over. Honestly Lenovo has done a great job of keeping the line modern and listening to their userbase. They fucked up royally early on trying to change the keyboard and touchpad, and immediately went back to the classic style the next year due to feedback, and have stayed true since.

Modern ThinkPads still have the original DNA in em and it shows when you hold one, still built like a tank. The only laptops I’ve ever seen survive drops onto concrete, even landing on a corner.

I run a P52 mobile workstation for my main development & design rig and it’s an absolute beast; love it.

4 Likes

damn, that’s a good company right there. listening to feedback is key

1 Like

Below is my 5 year old thinkpad, still in use every day. Above is the new HP “elitebook” IT tried to force on me three months ago. I took it out the packaging for this picture :joy:. Thinkpad human interface top marks.

6 Likes

You never call anymore, babe.

1 Like

P52 buddies

Ignore the sticker haha I thought it looked cool

4 Likes

Boosted was cool for a while until they failed to innovate and expand with the market

Scooters got em deaded

1 Like

It’s because you’re weird

5 Likes