GET A GRIP! DuckGripz eMTB handle from DBS

Can you rest the board vertically on the handle?

without the mounts or gearbox touching the ground?

BTW, @BenjaminF are you going to receive GRIPs without the twisted dick?

2 Likes

Go get a dick duck. It’s discounted! (2 left it seems)

grafik

3 Likes

For some boards, definitely. For mine, no.

I’m not decided on doing another batch or not. They sold ok at the beginning, but then tapered off pretty quick. I kind of get the sense that most people who wanted one got one. If I do another batch it will be all dickless.

Whoops I better fix that, I can only seem to find one here in my shop.

Eh, fuck it, I’ll put that one on the community build. Not like it’s going to sell.

4 Likes

what deck is this? you seem to be using hypertrucks which only work with Lacroix mouns right?
I guess it doesn’t matter right? judging by the distance between the floor and the grip, it won’t work on a similar carver style deck.

1 Like

Haero Bro

Yes and yes (until @moon or @Boardnamics is ready to sell me a gear drive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Yeah I dont think that a deck with an angled tip like this would be able to stand on the handle, unless you had like 100mm wheels and really short mounts. The angles just dont work out.

2 Likes
Any interest in a second batch of dickless ducks?
  • I would definitely buy one
  • I might maybe possibly buy one

0 voters

1 Like

@bboybowzer @DEEIF @PedroMcJimenez @GJF1 @On1yBluu @JeffyJ @Madmiah @DerelictRobot @SeanHacker @skate420 @anyoneelsewhohasone

Do yall think that these handles would be acceptably strong if I go with aluminum that is about 1mm thinner than what I am currently using?

The current handles are 0.25 inches thick (6.3mm). If I go down to stock that is 4.3mm thick then I can reduce the price of the handles by $5, and make them $30+shipping instead of $35+shipping.

Think it’s a worthwhile modification?

4 Likes

My issue with the first batch was that I didn’t have cash when they went up and when I did either the dickless ones had sold out or I couldn’t stomach the shipping. If you make another run that lasts more than 7 days I’ll 100% buy one, and if not I’d buy the file for like $30 to send to a more local place to get it cut

1 Like

The shipping should also be a small bit cheaper with the thinner stock, since my shipping rates are the direct calculated cost from USPS based on weight.

2 Likes

Won’t it br flexy on a heavy board if you go down in thickness?

1 Like

Definitely dude. The one I have is thicc and nice but could definitely still be way strong enough at that thickness. Probably could shave 2mm off even and not even notice.

P.S- I’ll do some crazy stress testing on mine when I get home and see what I can do. So count me in for another. LoveDick is heavy so…

2 Likes

That’s why I am asking the folks who have the current model to get their take. My eMTB is 50lbs (22.6Kg) and the current 6.3mm thick handle is rock solid, absolutely no flex at all.

It also helps that when lifting your board up and wheeling it around by the front wheels, the weight of your board is parallel with the length of the handle, so none of the force is trying to flex the handle, if that makes sense.

I tend to agree, but I am asking around anyway to get folk’s opinions before making a change like this, especially if it’s only going to shave $5 off the cost for the end user.

3 Likes

Mine has been a paper weight and I gave away the other one to a friend. I need to do a gasket and get longer bolts before I install on one of the senderized decks. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

TBH I am on a lazy esk8 streak with my kids for summer vacation. I keep buying parts but none of my boards are functional. Mostly because I would rather watch adventure time with my 2 favorite people.

3 Likes

I’ve not got around to installing my duck dick but it seems surprisingly stiff :wink:

6 Likes

You lost me at “dickless

:sleepy:

8 Likes

Will there be a second batch of these?

With only 6 votes on my second-batch-interest-poll, i dont think so :confused:

3 Likes

Damn I really slept on this :cry: I was waiting till I had a big enough board in the works to buy it

2 Likes

Bit disappointed with how it all turned out. :frowning: (not the product)

1 Like