GET A GRIP! DuckGripz eMTB handle from DBS

u supposed to hold em like spiderman style :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I just ordered a de-burring tool to test out. If it works nicely and isn’t too much work, then I’ll consider doing that to the production units. I am trying to avoid post-processing as much as possible, because I simply dont have the time and I want to keep these cheap. But if this is simple and quick then I’ll probably do it, cus I want to sell nice products.

Also went on a sweet ride yesterday around Portland with my buddy Liam. The handle is awesome, makes moving the board around so much easier! It seems to be rock solid so far, no sign of it bending even when I am lifting the board completely off the ground with it. I tested out putting most of my weight (225lbs) on the end of the handle, and it didn’t bend.

6 Likes

I’m not convinced until I see you strap yourself into the bindings, and then lift the board up while you’re standing on it

/s

4 Likes

Battery flex

2 Likes

Battery? What battery?

Oh, you mean my yummy candy bar?

It was delicious, thanks.

8 Likes

Really glad I had my DuckGripz today, dragging my board back to the car would have been much worse without it. I really need to get that TPU grip printed though lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d be in favour of this as well for a first run, I can always file stuff myself of it’s an issue

Ok so I am really bad with a de-burring tool. I could probably get better with enough practice, but I dont think that the time I’ll spend is worth the very dubious improvement.

I’m going to just focus on the TPU grip and making these as cheap as possible. Full steam ahead!

P.S. if anyone wants to draw up a 2D dickosaurus (preferably a vector graphic, but any line drawing works) then I’ll make a dino-dick version :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Does this satisfy you curly-dick perverts? Should I stick with the straight dick?

What flavor of pervert are you?
  • Curly dick
  • Straight dick

0 voters

3 Likes

pointy

5 Likes

Everyone’s a critic :joy:

3 Likes

This dick’s tip should definitly being the screw hole though

This SoftGrip makes this an A+ product, in my opinion. WAY more comfortable now.

I printed it with some nice soft TPU and it’s a very spongy grip, while still having enough meat to lift my board comfortably with one hand. It locks onto the handle very securely, I dont see vibration being able to take this off during a ride. I’ll of course test it out and make adjustments if need be.

5 Likes

You’re missing the option for a dick billed duck. Imho, penii are funnier when they are places where they shouldn’t be. :wink:

2 Likes

I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on 20 or 30 units.

I’m gonna do 10pcs with dick and the rest without, so if you want a dickduck you better be quick on your trigger finger.

I made some minor adjustments:

• Truck hole spacing adjusted by 0.5mm to line up slightly better
  • Grip opening slightly larger to accommodate a gloved hand and to make the whole piece lighter
  • Duck moved slightly to give more meat around the truck holes
  • Curly duck dick as that’s the flavor of pervert that 8/10 of you people are :joy:
  • Made the dick “moar pointy” per popular demand.

I’ll post here before they go live, and give you guys a scheduled time they will be available. Dont want anyone to say I didnt give them a chance to get the duck of their dreams :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Alright yall, I ordered the first production batch! They should be here next week.

For some dumb reason the dick units cost 30% more than the duck units, even at the same quantity. I wont pass that whole cost onto y’all, but the dick units will have to be a couple dollars more expensive, sorry about that :confused: Let’s call them “limited edition” or something to justify the price increase. *

Pricing:

The pricing I’m aiming for right now is:

DuckGripz:

• $39.95 for handle+SoftGrip

DuckGripz.Dick:

• $42.69 for handle+SoftGrip

They will be for sale on my website www.DuckBatterySystems.com shortly after I get them delivered :metal:

*I actually do plan for the dick version to be “limited edition,” meaning that it will be available in low quantity for this first production batch, and maybe not ever again.

4 Likes

Did she say that ?

3 Likes

Yes. The female duck that spoke to me in quacks and feather ruffling told me that, according to Google translate. Pinky swear.

1 Like

Ducks and dicks are cut and on their way to me. I’m furiously printing softgrips so I have them all done in time.

4 Likes

If I didn’t dibs a dick, I’m doing it now. I’m immature AF

2 Likes