Germany - esk8 apprehension

True.

The best way right now seems to give support to initiatives like Electric Empire. I don’t know however how active and effective they are.

2 Likes

Germany must be a utopia if they’re taking the time to take peoples Skateboards over some insurance bs. If you asked cops from where I’m from to enforce a law like that they would laugh in your face.

4 Likes

Mainly scooters. A few boards here and there.

1 Like

It fucking is, they see problems here where there are almost none.
But if you need the help of the police they are most of the time overwhelmed by the problem… :wink:

2 Likes

In court, electric Empire just lost its case to force insurance agencies to insure boards which may or may not be a conditio sine qua non (apparently this is still a matter of debate if I understand correctly) in order to obtain a registration (german: Zulassung) of an electric personal vehicle (EKV) or Elektrokleinstfahrzeug (EKF); see https://electricempire.de/urteil-zur-klage/

The case got rejected.

Electric Empire has to cover the Fees of 8.250€.

2 Likes

To be exact, crowd-funding covered the fees :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now why does that not surprise me (and you too perhaps?) …

There should be - like with so many other things - a European wide rather than a nation wide legislation on that.

1 Like

I don’t expect anything from this country anymore. I gave up a long time ago.

@visnu777 yes, electric Empire is ultimately the one that has to pay for the case. That’s where i was going :slight_smile: The Money for it is largely crowdfunded (not sure if everything?)

3 Likes

I feel with you. However, may be if we unite we can make it happen one day along lines like “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country” (JFK) … that is fight for our right to enjoy the freedom of skating!

Politicians and their money collectors (police) are not serving the people anymore.
This is just part of the cycle and we must crash and burn to see any change to happen.
Civil unrest is rising, it will come in its due time.

From where are you, if I may ask?..

No, there was a separate campaign by Lars in person since the lawsuit also was Lars vs. Allianz insurance. I hope there will be a revision.

1 Like

Ah got it. It’s been a while since i followed through.

New Jersey

1 Like

Appreciate reading this out in English when you all could have very easily carried on in German.

Good luck

8 Likes

It’s entertainment for us all. :smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t heard that before :joy:

Didn’t she step back from her position or does she still have time left? It baffles me that there hasn’t been an assassination attempt JFK style on her given how much people hate her.

1 Like

I’d like to summarize this thread in preparation for when I get pulled over and they document my “broken German” as well.

I have been commuting 5km to work whenever the weather is nice for the past 2 years, and I accept it is only a matter of time until I’m confronted by the police.

So, what to do when stopped by German police:

Be polite, pocket the remote control so it is out of site, and restrict max speed it possible.

• Never agree to the seizure (Sicherstellung)

In case of a seizure, they can keep and investigate the board as long as they want.
If you disagree with the seizure, they have the option to confiscate (Konfizierung) the board. In case of confiscation, a court can withhold the board up to 3 days.

• When confiscating the skateboards, the police often forget to ask for the remote control, which could be helpful.

• When asked how fast it can go, you say you do not know. The police have no test bench for skateboards to determine the maximum speed.

With my current setup without Metr, I can only think of putting Hoyt Puck in Easy Mode, which is still around 20km/h. What other ways to cap max speed quickly?

Does the Unity app offer profiles, I have not seen this option? If it does, then you would still have to be connected to the app, select profile and then load profile, all within seconds…

I doubt this statement is in the context of always getting a warning on first offense, but hoping that is the case. I mean, seriously, why should I be fined for being different, keeping to myself, and being respectful to all the other tools out there? Unlike the other air polluting commuters, I’m breaking the law in order to enjoy my commute to work and being a little more gentle on the environment.

3 Likes

They probably don’t have a bench specifically for boards but i assume for other vehicles i.e scooter and they might work too, they may also ride the board like they did with mine. I talked to the guy who stepped on my board and measured the speed while actively riding my board.

better than full speed.

Well it depends on how the case is handled. Let me rephrase it. At the end of my case when it got closed the letter stated “Closing the case is based on the assumption that this is a one-off instance. In the case of recurrence the accused cannot count on further leniency.”

If you have bad luck you possibly will get fined hard on your first offense but i can’t tell you how likely that is but either way is possible. I’m fined with 100€ because this is my first offense. The next one could already be the 2.700€ some others got on their second offense.

Because Germany is a piece of shit living in 1930. It is because you are a threat to others. Germany has a special way of having insurance on practically everything, especially vehicles of all sorts. Every 14 year old kid can’t get a scooter/mofa license for like 250€ and ride it up to 25km/h. I mean those super loud, stinking pieces of shit. The ones waking the whole neighbourhood while just going 15km/h

For that you need a license and insurance. The problem with the boards and scooters are that they don’t require any human power. Ebikes are free from insurances because they only assist.

3 Likes