GB flipsky vx2 (EU) group buy $45

Oh, no, I think there’s been a misunderstanding. We have no issue with age, and tend to focus more on capability, especially given history.

2 Likes

Ouch

It stings it stings

3 Likes

FWIW, I’ve noticed our boy Halb putting in more effort and still helping promote our forum over at the old one and steering people here. So maybe a GB isn’t a great fit now, but maybe we ease up a tad.

8 Likes

Nothing against you at all dude.
I’m speaking in general terms with minors being held responsible for things.

2 Likes

Sorry bud, but I’d rather come off as rude instead of letting you get in over your head.
As bill has said, you’re definitely improving in how you handle yourself and what you offer, but as @Brenternet said, there’s a lot associated with a group buy, and when you’re dealing with other people’s money, things become problematic quickly.

2 Likes

@BillGordon

I think in this case we back date the poilcy change to incorporate this event. This is as much for your protection @Halbj613 as anyone elses.

Group buys are a bit tricky and even though as Bill said you have shown signs of improvement, you are not ready for this.

Get someone in the group to take on the responsibility.

4 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. I like Tough Love Zach and Prudent Reason Daren.

3 Likes

Don’t worry I understand believe me at this point I’m broke and I don’t want to be having to pay when other people don’t receive the product they paid for.

If anyone wants to continue this then just contact flipsky on alibaba (that’s what I did) haggle for a bit and they give decent prices

Hope whoever continues this is able to make it work

4 Likes

Then let me make a suggestion as you have put in some hard work already. Find one of the guys in the poll to take on the buy and work with him to see it through. Preferably someone who is familiar with the process and is of course a regular member and an adult.

2 Likes

Nah believe me not a lot of hard work went into this

Couple messages to flipsky and that was basically it

I think starting from scratch will be just as easy for someone to do

1 Like

Oh. I was going to go in on a unit or two but I’m US. I would offer to handle the GB from the US side but I don’t have enough forum credits :joy:

2 Likes

I take also 1 and I would like to add 1 10mm/16T motor pulley if possible.

1 Like

Do you want me to do this?
I can already see the shipping is wrong, its £4.30 to ship a VX2 to pretty much anywhere, not £8. In the UK its cheaper. Yes, you can double to cost to insure it, but all packages have a £20 insurance and in my experience if the label is 100% correct it should have something like a 95% rate of success, probably higher

I will increase the order quantity a little to make sure DOAs get shipped one immediately, then get replacements in as I already order large quantities from flipsky they will make replacements without issues and I am okay staking any money up in the mean time. I can just stock extras in my shop.

I also obviously have experience handling packages and stuff. I can legally take off the VAT for non EU customers if that’s what we were going for, or I can just reship everything.

11 Likes

Can you also take VAT for B2B with VAT nr.?

I have to register for it by post, even then im not 100% sure. Its probably easier if you take off vat from your side? (I.e I am actually able to do that if i register for the number by post, I am able to buy from a German company with vat and then take it off after?)

That’s correct. Otherwise in one month there should be not VAT from UK to EU anymore, but customs instead.

yea, brexit should actually make everything easier because each person can choose the value declared or not.

1 Like

Yeah sure sounds like a great idea @anubis I would start contacting them yourselves tell them that you are planning a group buy of around 25 units and what is the best price you can give

I would start a new thread also but you have the names at the top of who is planning to join

Good luck

Also @BillGordon I think you can close once @anubis confirms

If there are enough people in the Bay Area to get a GB of 10 together, I am happy to lead a local one.

(Potentially I could do an entire USGB, but I’d appreciate if someone with GB experience could support me)

2 Likes

How much does it cost to ship a remote within the US? It might actually be cheaper if I ship them from the UK, I know canada -> canada is more expensive than UK -> Canada

2 Likes