Gauging interested in glow wheels that don't suck

Admittedly, a soak in hydrogen peroxide overnight generally makes them look brand new, but who has time for that?

Thatā€™s why orange or red translucent urethane may work well. Even if it yellows a little, it will still look good.

1 Like

As someone who isnā€™t even a fan of the color red or orange in general, Iā€™d have to agree

Find a worn out clear polyurethane, and whatever color it is, make new wheels that color

1 Like

waitā€¦ whatā€¦ is this real? Iā€™ve never tried it. I have plenty of brown boas to test this on.I 'd be willing to do this on clear light-up wheels periodically if it doesnā€™t somehow eat at the thane. H2O2 is cheap.

1 Like

Theres an extra step that i forget but yes it works. Look up the tech to clean yellowed white rubber.

1 Like

oh waitā€¦ I have a TRS-80 portable computer from my childhood I was going to restore and I remember this trick. Its H2O2, Oxy-Clean, water in a bowl and UV light, like sunshine or some other intense black light. We have plenty of sun here, Iā€™m totally going to try it once we get out of the rainy season.

edit: found it: 4 Ways to Whiten & Renew Yellowed Plastic Ā» How To Clean Stuff.net

itā€™s listed there as ā€œthe peroxide method.ā€

2 Likes