G-bomb bracket builds

That is one of the coolest boards I’ve seen in a while… Hopefully you have many miles of fun on that beast!

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

what is the current length of that jet spud?

The wheel base is 35”.

hey @Excess , did you ever finsiih this board? guessing it’s a bkb kit with very fancy extras, right? (what battery you runnign with it?)
would love to see more pics of it!

1 Like

I did finish it…it morphed a bit along the way :joy:.
It’s not a BKB kit just a spud deck.

Edit: just realized I already posted it above but it was 8 months ago whoops.

Moon drives, surfrodz, haggy motors, 11s 6p, can’t remember who made the enclosure (I had to cut it up and shorten it then put it back together)

10 Likes

ah cool! thank you for clarifying the board. What size pneumatics are those? Your craftsmanship is top tier :muscle:t2:. And that’s a monster enclosure, amazing what you can fit in there.
Whilst youre here, and to avoid me posting a new thread (which i’m in the miiddle of composing), do you happen to know which Gbomb brackets to use to get good motor clearance with a belt driven 6374 setup? I can see you mostly build with geardrives, but i can see you’ve also built with the gbombs too. I was ready to pick up the DD-S version, but then this post threw me off as it’s said SD-R’s are what i should use. And do you use the same bracket for front and back?

1 Like

8" tyres

2 Likes

As moon said I’m using 8” tires.

If you’re planning on using big tires you should be fine with any of the brackets as you’ll be able to have the motors high enough off the ground but lower than where the bracket would interfere.

SDR is standard drop the ddr and dds is deep drop.

SDR would give you more battery enclosure clearance but I don’t think more motor clearance?
Unless I guess you’re reverse mounting the motors?

The dds (stubby) I would think would give easier motor clearance, the DDR and SDR should work with long motor mounts but I doubt short mounts would work.

On short motor mounts with smaller tires your motors would hit the bracket I think.

1 Like

Check out sofu S3 build. It’s sdf and dds.
On the old forum

2 Likes

thanks, i did see that build and thought it was sdf and dds too, until i saw [this comment] whicc states they are SDR rather than DDs (https://electric-skateboard.builders/t/sofu-s3-haya-12s4p-vtc6-modular-holders-surf-rodz-rkp-200mm-maytech-6880-190kv-unity-featherremote-18-20-33-100mm/79880/292?u=snappy_darko) , it got me confused at to which one to use

That build is awesome!
I think that’s the one he linked in the post above.

@sofu can give a way better answer than me I’ll bet. She’s worked with multiple gbomb versions I think.

1 Like

thanks @Excess, really helpful. My build will be a thane street build mostly, but i plan to be able to use pneuamtics on it too. my battery is also double-stack, so maybe the SDR that gives most clearance would suit mine more. and do you use the same brackets on either end? and whats the riding like, quite carvy for a mountain board?

I did use the same on both ends. I think sofu used different brackets on each end and I think I’ve seen one other gbomb build with different brackets on each end.
The ride is pretty unique. The gbombs have a bit of flex and combined with the 8” tires the feeling is a little squishy (for lack of a better term). It’s stable for the speeds I go but I’m sure I’m much slower than a lot of the folks here.

What deck are you planning on using?
Double stack on urethane with gbombs might be a bit tough

1 Like

Yes, the S3 was my build. I’d be wary of which one you use, you should get stubby versions if your mounts aren’t very long. You will run into clearance issues otherwise.

3 Likes

im using a landyachtz wolfshark deck that i think im going to modify it since it’s currently a bit long. I’d have to get large thane wheels too, haven’t bought em yet, so am open to suggestions… the builds not complete yet, but ive got some 85 cags on it whilst building and the clearance is 3.5mm with the enclosure…so with im hoping with larger thanes it could maybe work? (ive no idea what decent clearance height is though…)

Do you already have gbomb brackets then. Or is that 3.5mm with your trucks mounted straight to the deck?

1 Like

with trucks mounted straight to the deck without any risers
i did gather than street builds don’t* need that large a clearance distance, but i guess it depends on road quality

1 Like

The gbombs are going to drop your deck height quite a bit. I don’t know what the stubby drop is but the brackets I’m using have a 35mm drop.

You’ll probably end up with a significant amount of risers along with the largest “quality” thane you can get which I think is the TB110’s.
I don’t know though I don’t really ride thane on the electrics much anymore. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ahh ok. i might commission someone to make a different case of the deck then: a single stack, since im running NESE that be tuned to single stack very easily. thanks so much for all your help. =D

1 Like