FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

In this particular board I have an old flipsky 6.6. It can’t really use any new fancy features I think, so I won’t need the most recent firmware. But in the event that I do update, I imagine the same rule might apply?

That is good to know though. I have a unity that is still running stock firmware and could probably use an update :sweat_smile:

Don’t update a vehicle if it’s working fine and you’re not adding anything

4 Likes

That was more or less why I haven’t updated the unity yet. I did like the focbox UI, but I’m definitely interested in playing around with some stuff on the vesctool.

The 6.6 I only updated because I built a new PC and the new vesc tool that I had to download wouldn’t let me do anything at all without updating to 5.3. Only after reading through some stuff did I realize I can download an old tool from the forum

…despite Trampa claiming otherwise.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I have the original flipsky 75100 with 5.2 firmware. I am unable to get throttle input working as the vesc Tool 3.01 is asking for a firmware update when I try to use input wizard

But I read online the original flipsky 75100 firmware cannot be upgraded without sending it to Flipsky? Is that true ? If not anyone have clear instruction as flipsky videos are not clear where the bootloader and firmware files are located.:cry:

My Domino throttle is working fine when connected to the vesc COMM using 3.3v,GND and ADC1 pins but vesc Tool is not showing the throttle input but the throttle is working greas as seen through my logic analyzer connected on the vesc COMM lines

Vesc is connecting fine and reading battery v etc but throttle input not reading at all.

Any one experienced something similar ?

1 Like
3 Likes

Was just about to link that

Thanks @jaykup

2 Likes

Seems to be a bug in 5.3 when using control type ”Current” (although it probably makes no sense using that mode for eskate)

I noticed when braking I don’t see the same negative braking currents for each motor. I see this issue both with unity hw and my dual mini focs. Positive motor current always looks fine. It is always the same side showing lower values.

Changing to control type to “current hyst reverse with brake” eliminates the issue and regen currents become the same.

I switched back and forth between these control modes and the issue has been repeatable.

@Trampa

5 Likes

@Trampa we are still missing (correct me if I’m wrong) the option to send live packets via the mobile app, thus not being able to do foc_openloop.

3 Likes

Speaking of. Foc_openloop is broken on 5.2.

It’s the only way isn’t it?

1 Like

Nah there are also two other modes with current control
”current hyst reverse with brake”
”current smart reverse”

The “current” mode can spin the wheels full speed backwards if loosing traction while braking. I simply thought people didn’t use that mode for that reason

Pretty common to use current on an emtb.
So you can whizz around switch or drive out of the hedge you flew into at double quick speed.

5 Likes

Ah that makes sense :+1:

1 Like

#currentmodemasterrace

3 Likes

Interesting. Does this happen in “current no reverse with brake” mode as well?

So that’s what was happening to my board. Thought 5.3 had a bug. When braking and losing traction one of my wheels would go crazy

Traction control enabled?

Nope

Works ok with current smart reverse, the thing when losing traction while braking makes the wheel go full in reverse scared me but it happens for a short time. Weird thing on 5.3 is that if I use Current mode the motors auto engage, I have to keep the brakes on or the board goes flying