Funny steering trucks. Major Arc, Curfboard, Lean Trucks, and all else that makes your head turn.

Having read this, plus some other articles on that website I think curfboard trucks are superior to the major arc ones.

2 Likes

holy $$

1 Like

First of all I am not saying that the curfboard is a better surfskate truck, but rather a better “funny steering” truck.
Also, the issue adressed in the video is in my opinion the inflexible truck (imagine a waterborne adapter without the rear adapter) and the lack of wedding at the front.

1 Like

Well dang, now I really should edit the title because Major Arc and Lean are not the only two greatest options for this type of high steering ability non traditional skate trucks.

thanks

where do we begin with this…

looks great for smooth road.

If that thing had a bit of material the size of paris trucks, I would probably try to get it and slap on my suspension-thingies…

I know it was bad, but i thought the beamerboard looked really cool, at least

1 Like

One of the chinese brands was doing a kickstarter for a electric version.

1 Like

Ill wait for results. I heard nothing good about the original.

1 Like

How about some new Caliber III with RAKE! (and a bushing shim for tall bushings)… Finally someone is thinking outside the box!

1 Like

Is this sarcasm?

2 Likes

I am curious to find out what type of affect a tall bushing and rake will have on the overall ride experience. Can anyone tell me what difference it should make?

I’m pretty sure this is well documented on normal longboarding sites

1 Like

Rake just gives a faster Dive and more Turn with Lean, its great for fun not for stablity /unless you go negative rake (flipped hangar lower ride height etc). honestly a truck like this should have been there. Arsenels/Rouge/Even Skoas to name a few trucks offer options for tall bushings. but an adjustale Shim is clever. Not only is it a different material for dampening purposes if used. if not used having more lean and throwback onyour turns is enjoyable.

I ride raked trucks ever since i discovered them. Loving 8Rakemm Cronins.

1 Like

What I’m confused about is why it says a tall bushing would increase stability. Shouldn’t it be less stable due to more polyurethane under the hangar, leading to more movement?

Just bought a pair of 9" 50 raked Caliber III from CCS. I may end up running the rear with a flipped hanger, but we’ll see.

akin

2 Likes

I saw this today.

https://www.oppspring-surfskate.com/