FULL SUSPENSION BOARDS

4 Likes

Shoc Boards Systems was easily the coolest new product at ESK8con. Independent 4 wheel suspension in a relatively compact package is an amazing idea.

I rode the Meepo Bamboo Hurricaine equipped with the system. It was sprung too light for my weight of 75kb but I still got a good idea of how well the system worked. There is some stiction in the suspension travel which is an issue. Those who experienced mountain bike suspension in the 90s will understand what I am talking about. I was assured that they are working on it. Otherwise the system worked quite well and had minimal impact on the handling other than the increase in ride height. I also got a little stinkbug action when the brakes are applied. This should be solved with stiffer springs.

Right now the system has about the same hanger width as a typical TKP. I think this could also be retrofit to TKPs. A slighter wider version would be nice too. A road specific version with less travel and a lower ride height would nice too. The stock system has about 40mm of travel. I think about 20mm would be nice on a road-specific version. Just enough to keep the wheels planted.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing more about their system. I haven’t really seen it outside of that video

3 Likes

I recorded a video with them there, planning to release in a couple weeks

3 Likes

It will come. They are a small family-owned business like MAD ESK8. One of my friends that helped me set up my social media and website is helping them now.

5 Likes

Hmm they should get their own thread now with 2+ reviews and many thoughts on them.

3 Likes

NOT A REVIEW

This is an informational interview.

Just FYI. And, as far as I know, no real world testing has been done yet, the ones at Esk8con were the first prototypes

3 Likes

They look too nice to be first prototypes

When I said review what I meant was video showcases yea.

we are reviewing them now… through the videos.

I agree. The Shoc Board System should have it’s own thread.

1 Like

I tried to make it but chose the wrong category @moderators gotta fix my fuckup

On one hand, that is true, but speaking to the creator, he did a lot of 3d printed prototyping, and paid a lot for these production-oriented models

While maybe they are still the first production run (like 10 units or something I’m guessing), they’re still prototypes to me since they’re so untested. Yes, I am making some assumptions here.

How is the Radium suspension system coming along?

Fantastic. On version 3 now and still making progress with improvements. So so happy with what we have at the moment.

There will be a significant update to the public in the next month or so.

8 Likes

Only 17 iterations left to go!

I’m overdue for another ride

3 Likes

Pictures please!

2 Likes

sarcastic-laugh

Na secret. The name and new suspension will be revealed with XP3 which we’re assembling currently.

4 Likes

Good - that means no one can copy you until you’re selling it, good moves

2 Likes

I feel like Jacek might be on here.

I wonder how those two boards differ in ride feel.

3 Likes
12 Likes