French on the road, esk8 adventure and trip, july 2020

Hi everyone !
We are two friends and french rider, Alexis & myself, maybe you saw us a the Paris esk8 cup last year and we are doing what de can call an esk8 adventure trip during 15 days between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean ocean, on a distance of about 1000km!

Here is more or less the itinerary.

We will take the view, having fun on our boards, probably some hard times, it will be fun! We’ll try to share the adventure as much as possible here on the forum and some highlights on my Instagram https://instagram.com/arnaud_dhrct?igshid=1t3753hln7gzj

Our setups:
Arnaud
Trampa HolyPro 15ply deck
Battery : 1x 12s6P + 12s10p = 12s16p vtc6
Vesc: 2x fsesc6.6 + metrpro
Motor: 2x sk3 6374 149kv
Trucks: Matrix II Pro
Mounts: Unikboards
Pulley: 15/66t 3d printed and 72t as spares
Tires: 8"

Alexis
Scrub deck with 2 layers of cf
Battery : 12s7p + 12s10p= 12s17p vtc6
Vesc: 2x fsesc6.6
Motors: 2x aps 6384 80kv
Trucks : scrub (trampa like)
Mount : custom
Pulley: 20/66
Tires: 8"
Two 10Amps power supply to give energy to all of these cells!

33 Likes

First day:

112 km (70 miles) in the legs, we drove well.

First part of the itinerary was dope, between the vineyards, on a perfect cycle path. It deteriorated once we passed along the Garonne river with a vibrating ground and a little stoned by some roots that gave us a nice fright at the end. Fun fact, in the morning, the first person you see when you get up is a roller man with a Gear 360 on his helmet, ball music, a little spe, and 30km later we pass in front of him, the guy rolls at 30kmh, impressing the guy.

Otherwise it’s me who starts the damage with an exploded tire at 2km from the finish, changed without any problems (luckily we had a pair of spare tires), otherwise, Vesc which remains at 40 ° C despite the hot temperature, perfect.

Otherwise, we learned that the next part of the adventure was going to become more folklore with singletrack type roads already not super practicable with bikes, with our boards we are basically wider than the road, and this on a big ~100 km, we will test, to continued tomorrow.:crossed_fingers:

IMG_20200705_135615|375x500 !
IMG_20200705_230650
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H9ir8aQMreAz_eIXg24ggG11zYo6zEy4/view?usp=drivesdk (lil’ video)
32 Likes

'Tain c’est trop stylé :smiley:

This look awesome, have a nice trip !

6 Likes

This is great! Will be watching for sure.

4 Likes

Go guys.
Courage!

5 Likes

Do y’all have spare parts? This is going to be an amazing adventure. Following and looking forward to the updates.

4 Likes

We have some for sure, it the hard part to choose what to take or not because of the weight !
We both got some 4.12 as spares, i got a spare baseplate cause you know mbs plastic ones Can have hard times, Alexis got a spare motor, not me (i pray the sk3 lord), at the last moment i took 2 spare tyres fortunaletly cause one of manage to break Yesterday, some belts, a bit of hardware too (screws/nuts) oh yeah spare remote too
We got a concerter with a ubec to have 220V for the phones/powerbank and a soldering iron with our 12s packs, a camping plug

We roughly got 15kg on our backpacks, we put the heavy things like the spare motor and the power supply it the big boxes on my board

9 Likes

Forget to mention, this was day one

5 Likes

Day 3 is live!

10 Likes

This is freakin’ great

Profitez bien!
Le bonjour de Grenoble

3 Likes

Bonne route!

How do you recharge Esk8 batteries during a long journey?

2 Likes

@esk8jpn :blush:

We are charging at lunch, today it was in a McDonald’s, and now we are charging on a public plug, to be full for the night and tomorrow !
Live charging^^

12 Likes

So cool ! I hope i could do something like that one of those days !
Magnifiques ! Profitez a fond !

3 Likes

@Plurf Take your board, a bag and do it!!
Merciiii🙂

3 Likes

End of day 3
120km
Not a lot to say, a really little rain this morning, we continued to ride amont the Garonne river, the tracks are pretty good, we were able to ride on some portions at good average speeds, about 30kmh. We saw some nice landscapes and villages, met nice people with whom to speak to. In short, juste happiness on this big stage.

Our batteries are full to leave tomorrow morning!

Need to sleep, see ya tomorrow🙌
Pics and vids as Always

15 Likes

Looks like a fun and awesome adventure, good luck guys

4 Likes

Day 4

130km for the two bipeds we are.

Catastrophic night, we were 5m away from a railway track more active than expected waking up a little all the time by trains during the night, we put on the straps at 7:30 am direction Toulouse. Track rather good, arrived in Toulouse located 18km from our sleeping place, it is a comeback to the traffic of the big city, many people on the road and the cyclists. Cycling from Toulouse and this on 60km, to the department of Aude, is a pure delight, curves, “up and down hill”, a perfect surface, in short of what to send well, at 10h30am already rode 44km. A little break for beer and hot chocolate, a few electrons in the machines, we leave a little anxious at the idea of what it is 20km further, ie the impassable zone which is 100km long. Once not far away, we stop another time to charge, 5€ for the service will tell us madam, impatient to be back on the board, we have not even done a full charge^^

We took the decision to preserve the boards and riders, we won’t venture into these single tracks.

Rightly so…because a few kilometers later, Alexis is victim of a tire hernia, definitely we’re having hard times with our tires. Second and last spare tire installed, we pray that no other tire has any damage, so we set off again for 52 long, boring and dangerous kilometers, until “Carcassonne” where we spend the night. We make the decision to take a 45min train tomorrow morning to “Béziers” so we don’t have to take such roads again.
We bought a cheap bt speaker, during spare time we change the battery to a vtc6 to improve the battery life😆

Pictures of the day:

!
Daaaarkkkkkkkkk
(upload://rSRqEhH0e2QqUsdegXWvQKgQDo2.mp4)

16 Likes

the adventure… no matter how perfectly planned… into the unknown, is truly one of the highlights of life… enjoy every precious moment… i love what you guys are doing…

5 Likes

A bit late but here it is, day 5 and 6

Theoretically 90 kms we must have done 50km

Complications start seriously.

Departure from Carcassonne by train to “Béziers” as explained yesterday. We arrive in “Béziers”, the happiness, the track is perfect, we feel the iodized air which makes us sign that we are getting closer to the final destination. Good driving without any problems until “Agde” where things get dull with a second hernia of tire (same problem as day 4) for Alexis, we have no more change so we arrange something with my broken tire from the first day, it will last a few kilometers before puncture. But between the two to top it all off, I fall pretty hard, long turn on a beautiful track that hid deformations due to roots, at 35kmh patatra impossible to do anything with the weight of the board, it went very fast I didn’t see anything coming, and I damages my elbow and around and the lower back … it hurts, to the pelvis too but must assume, this is my annual reminder. Anyway, I am unable to make the road to Montpellier, and Alexis who got a puncture, we take the train to Montpellier where our saviour @Cathode a esk8friend will bring us tires and home, so kind, and then finally see irl people with whom we talk for years behind screens, what a pleasure, an infinite thank you to him :heart:

All in all, a day to be half-forgotten.
So today we stayed at Cathode home to make a break, it allows me to heal myself.

Normally the trip is over, we arrived at our destination, much faster than expected, but don’t worry, we leave tomorrow for another destination, a more famous one, stay tuned!
Some pics:

13 Likes

Sorry about the shitty day, but at least it ended well!

3 Likes