Found this on the ground while repairing - safe to still skate?

Found this little thing on the ground while tightening motor clamps and mounting trucks- possible it dislodged? Or- is this random debris that may have been picked up on a prior ride?

Curious for your help- Coffee shot glass
For size comparison

2 Likes

Uh dude that.s a capacitor…they are supposed to be part of the ESC. Check the ESCs on your board, if one is missing that’s pretty problamatic

4 Likes

Hmm… the esc wasn’t open while this dismounted - the unity was in a closed box- should i take down the silicone and look?

The silicone housing on the unity is fairly strong- now I gotta find a diagram of the unity without covering to see if that’s what it is.

You are just looking for a circle on the ESC that has a white ring of silk screen and a pair of solder dots in the middle, it will probably be on one side so look for anything asymmetrical. Maybe it came off another board?

2 Likes

Nah it’s not on there.

5 Likes

Curious you just found that on the ground while doing basic mechanical maintenance. I think it might have come off something else; maybe from outside but yah check the pcb to be sure.

1 Like

Looks more like the capacitors on the flipsky duals.

1 Like

I have a flipsky dual… it’s tiny- nothing on the dual is this big- here it is for comparison

1 Like

Did you find this in the house or outside?
I highly doubt it’s from your esc… (and hope not)

Xtra

Inside! It hit the ground as i was working on the board- I’m HOPING it came from being lodged into the board somehow and falling out during adjustments- but it looks so cleqn. Could It be from a motor?

1 Like

Looks like a spotty solder job wherever it is

1 Like

Motors don’t have capacitors… curious :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Crazy glue it somewhere lol

2 Likes

In seriousness, think it’s ok if I try to skate? I have no idea where this thing came from…

1 Like

Doubt it’s from an esc. if it is, it’s a 6.3v 22uf. Maybe someone has diagrams with specs to verify?

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t sweat this at all. Definitely not from the unity and other skate electronics would be unlikely to have a cap like this.

1 Like

,cheers guys- just want to be safe. Much much love from a brother from another

2 Likes

Ew no one says that anymore. Stop being old and go skate, cowabonga dude :+1: :sunglasses:

3 Likes