Forum Adjustments and Updates

Well done @longhairedboy We @b264 saved you some heartache :smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to make it such that we can edit our posts indefinitely and not be locked out after a month or so? If this has already been brought up/ done/ ignore the following:

I’m having this constant problem where I return to my thread to post a project update and get locked out from editing the first post… i feel that it’s alot easier for people to keep track of a certain project if we’re allowed to constantly update the original post.

9 Likes

if its still doing it, post a screen shot so i can get a better idea of what’s up

you make a good case but then this would effectively allow somebody to remove all of their own content if they got pissed off a year later.

@treenutter this is a hard one.

6 Likes

just wanted to mention that after the upgrade this was still happening. Apparently the throttling was more about suspicion and less about capacity. They made me answer a questionair and then they took the caps off.

that was what was causing people to not get their activation emails and password reset emails and things like that.

1 Like

common complaint with discourse. all uploaded gifs end up single frame png files, which is lame. been looking for hacks. there’s a giffy plugin but nothing like guggy for slack

2 Likes

Please use giphy plug in. My library is extensive and I worked hard on them. Here is an Adventure Time/LHB crossover gif to celebrate this occasion.

17 Likes

This is true but I think overall it should make for much better content and allow new people to get all the information immediately (on the first post) rather than digging. Thus making it a more pleasant experience for new users.

Sure, people could delete it. But I’d imagine people are looking to do more good than harm.

The only time someone would want to remove it would be like the previous escapade. Which would no longer be a problem.

Posts that are outdated can now easily be updated or forever be outdated.

A nice history of all project updates would be nice too.

6 Likes

Is there an option of only being able to edit first post in a thread and not delete entire thread?

Then, if the only option was to delete the content of the first post, the rest of the thread would most likely reflect much of the info.

I fully agree with more good than harm in this application.

3 Likes

who’s online is in. Damn… some people are online too!

8 Likes

Yeah that new whos online feature is great

1 Like

wait where’d it go… lol

still can see it:grinning:
maybe you can add something like this to every thread like: who’s on the thread right now.
just an idea

1 Like

i think i made it do that, i found a setting that seemed like that.

2 Likes

maybe something like a sidebar would match for that:wink:

Lhb where exactly os thos feature you speak of ?

Nevermind. Got it. The green vorder is cool. I didnt have my glasses on

2 Likes

klick on the banner and see for yourself:wink:

1 Like

Dark Theme is now available. If you go to your preferences and then go to Interface you’ll see a drop down.

I’m still adjusting the palette but it is available now.

9 Likes

Yesssssssss you rock

yeah Damon, this is so cool.