Forum Adjustments and Updates

Fantastic. Glad to be of service.

This is of course totally selfish. I’m building my second battery and I’d like this one to not be utter shit

3 Likes

@BillGordon I’m looking for the new category but I can’t seem to find it. What’s it called?

1 Like

https://forum.esk8.news/c/diy-builds/battery-builds/44

5 Likes

4 Likes

we’re growing like a proper infection!

1 Like

How come I can’t edit posts today? Pencil is gone.

3 Likes

I can’t edit too. It jus shows edit history!!

I dont neid to edit. I neva make mistaces

5 Likes

The trust level for editing posts was changed to only allow for level 3 and above.

1 Like

That was the reason for the change? Do members more often use it wrongly?

I am the one that made the change. Here’s my reasoning.

We have had a few people come to the forum, create a post to sell their stuff, after it’s sold delete the initial post content and then sometimes flag their own post. I think this is bad.

When a person is new what they are effectively doing is deleting their history as a seller and making it impossible for other users to see that history. I believe that to be contrary to the way we do things, which is more than fair.

The ability to edit posts is still there, you just have to earn it by reaching level 3. If there is a legit reason to delete a post then let a mod know and will help.

On a personal note. This is a community, not a esk8 version of Craigslist for people to come unload their junk on unsuspecting noobs and then disappear. There is a level of trust that is assumed when people see items for sale. That trust is beaten up and dumped in a ditch when the content is deleted and the op disappears after collecting the money.

15 Likes

Makes sense, I definitely am of the mind that it’s good to maintain a record of that stuff, was there no way to simply limit editing of initial sale thread posts?

Not being able to edit for grammar, spelling, etc., drives me sort of mental, but if it’s the only way, I’ll deal. What does one have to do, in order to earn level 3 trust?

6 Likes

I gave you a like to help

9 Likes

Thanks buddy, apparently I’m pretty close already. Cheers!

4 Likes

Makes perfect sense. But if discourse allows it then we should only disable editing in vendor section or items for sale section. Because otherwise it severely discourages members from making build thread. I can say that 100% because it was hella frustrating when there was a time limit on the edit. Taking off the edit button completely would just make me stop using that forum.

Edit: having the edit history visible, like it was before, would solve a whole lot of these issues.

7 Likes

But then i wouldn’t be able to to add stuff to my post, right? I’d have to leave it in the comments.

Why not leave the Edit button like it was before and make the Changelog visible again so it won’t disappear completely?

3 Likes

All I wanted to do is drop the price on my Board in the title so people could see it. It was 1000 then 900 and now I was thinking king of going further down.

1 Like

Yeah, not being able to edit anywhere is definitely annoying. Bringing back the edits visible is in my opinion the way to go. I never had any issues with it. Not sure why that was removed either.

4 Likes

The edit feature is available if you are level 3 or above. I will look into removing it only for sales threads but I doubt it’s possible. Give me a couple of days to find a solution, if not I’ll revisit with the other admins.

Link me the thread and I’ll do it for you.

@mishrasubhransu & @xsynatic both of you are level 3 so this change has no effect on you.

3 Likes

Thanks @mmaner. Please drop the price to £800. In the title and main bit too.

https://forum.esk8.news/t/uk-hummie-carbon-street-build-110mm-wheels-new-lower-price-900/35404?u=ukrider

1 Like