1 Like

And they make tons of mistakesā€¦:sweat_smile::wink:

6 Likes

Can confirm.

3 Likes

I prefer ā€˜learning opportunitiesā€™ :rofl:

And there are plenty available for everyone

9 Likes

Anyone knows a store with good prices like easycomposites ( they dont ) that ships epoxy and that fancy top layer carbon internationally?

How did you get the wolf on it, i.e. which painting technique?

1 Like

How can you spread it with your fingers like that? Is it not crushed glass?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t hurt ā€¦ more like salt.

It doesnā€™t break the skin? I donā€™t understand. I could never sit here, and crush a bottle with, say, a hammer, or whatever, and then play with the particles like that. It would be all through my skin. It has to be something other than crushed glass, no? Like crushed quartz, or something.

1 Like

Donā€™t take the coarse one though > https://www.amazon.com/Super-Fusible-Coarse-Sampler-Number/dp/B07CRTQ8MP?ref_=ast_sto_dp

2 Likes

From the product photos, tā€™s looks like itā€™s spent a short time in a tumbler to remove the sharp edges.

2 Likes

Hahah, I did not paint it. Itā€™s and colaboration of my ideas and my friends epic art skills combining them all together. As far as I know she used many techniques. pencil, brushes, stencils and spray paints. It is 100% hand made.

3 Likes

Bullseye frit is made from crushed, screened and magnetically cleaned sheet glass - from their product page

In the hand it feels like rock salt and also looks like it too.

2 Likes

I bet itā€™s no simple process to make. I always thought crushed glass was crushed glass. Now I know better.

3 Likes

Soft glass vs hard glass plays a big part in how the glass breaks as well. I use borosilicate glass for my glassblowing, and the frit it breaks into is much sharper than soft glass like what Bullseye sells.

1 Like

There are people who make their own and they crush beer bottle and screen out the dust particles

Iā€™m not sure they would have the same surface.

not the same, but no problem so far.

hey guys, just wanted to chime back in.
I ended up having to strip and redo the frit on my Indigo Love Child build. Do not use Spar urethane for carbon fiber decksā€¦ it doesnā€™t stick very well.
West systems epoxy 105/207 hardner works much better!

9 Likes

Long time reader, first time poster.

Iā€™ve following this thread for some time now and Iā€™m very interested in the glass frit grip. Iā€™ve already prepped/sanded down my deck and i added a few coats of spray paint on top for the black look that i was going for. I already purchased my materials as well (black frit, Helmsman spare urethane and a 5 pack of brushes) and i was ready to go until I realized i had some carbon fiber 3M vinyl lying around that i considered wrapping the board in prior to applying the urethane and grip to give it that slick CF look. Would this work? Ive considered wrapping the entire deck and also wrapping just the middle. Regardless would this work? Would the urethane/frit stick to this and would it last? If not Iā€™m ok with just a piece or none at all. Figured Iā€™d ask the pros before i pulled the trigger.

Lastly i had a question regarding applying the urethane and the screw holes on my board. How do I prevent the urethane from filling and sealing the holes or does it just drip through and i dont need to worry about it?

Thanks in advance

-Bro

PS: Iā€™ve attached a few photos for reference

1 Like