Forget the grip use Glass Frit

Yo da man. With a little impact from a hammer it pops right off. Yay!!!

3 Likes

Did you not read the tutorial dude sanding is step one :grin:. Whether you are clear coating or painting you need to sand the deck especially if it is from skateshred or brand name board because they have a clear coat on them when they come. Its a good thing you posted pics because if you rode the board the frit would have came off easy and you get back home with nothing on the deck. The reason for sanding the board is to create a surface that a epoxy or clear coat will be able hold onto if not you will be able to basically peel it off in pieces.

5 Likes

Actually it took me some good work to get them all out. I did ride them out for 1 mile or so and they didn’t budge. But I am glad that I didn’t sand the surface, otherwise it would have been a mess to get my board back to normal. Haha.

2 Likes

yes. I mostly use Enertion business cards from late 2014. I have a stack of them.

It helps deflect the sprinkle flow into a more even scatter pattern, and does a great job of giving you more even dispersal at the edge of the deck.

21 Likes

I would’ve used the cf money clip. I could imagine it’s perfect for this task.

36 Likes

Fucking literally.

19 Likes

But @Sender does it shirtless and oiled up like wolverine.

Yea, some frit does get on him, but its the only soft parts on him.

9 Likes

Who wouldn’t skate @sender body with his glass frit :smirk:

4 Likes

I heard he doesn’t even use the hardener in his epoxy, just rings out some of his sweat into it.

8 Likes

BTW @Sender, you just became this forums resident Chuck Norris. All CN jokes now must be directed at @Sender

4 Likes

Bahahahah :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

The road is so scared of @sender it automatically smooths itself out before he rides in it.

11 Likes

I’ve got to get a pic of @Sender standing talk now so I can Photoshop trucks and a codpiece battery on him :smiley:

7 Likes

Some say his sweat his the hardener for his epoxy and the road is so scared it flattens itself at, but all we know is hes called @Sender

4 Likes

yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss

3 Likes

The Enertion WASP whistle emits an even stream of frit@120db

5 Likes

I actually really like how this turned out! Did you end up changing it? I think the black course frit looks great on that wood.

2 Likes

Really? I tried to like it, but it just looked like it had some horrible skin disease. It’s back to normal now.

8 Likes

does that have frit on it?