For Sale: LiPo Parallel Balance Boards

Hey all,
So i’ve finally gotten around to getting my PCB’s made as shown in this post. (please read the post)

The idea of the PCB is to eliminate ugly cables in your LiPo builds’ enclosure. The boards are predominantly focused on 12s2p builds. (elaborated on further on in the post)

The price for each circuit board is $15usd. If you wish to have all necessary JST-XH connectors, it will cost another $5usd per board

The two PCB’s i have on offer are as follows:

This PCB can come either with 6s JST-XH connectors (7 pin) or 5s JST-XH connectors (6 pin).

The dimensions of this pcb are 255mm x 36mm

This PCB can come with 4s JST-XH connectors (5 pin). I don’t have 3s plugs for this as 9s2p isn’t that popular. Therefore you’d have to purchase your own JST-XH connectors.

The dimensions of this PCB is 327mm x 26mm

At this point, this will be a limited run. However we’ll see what demand is like and then i may do another run. If enough people are after a 12s3p model i may be able to make one of them too. Also, you don’t NEED to use the JST connectors on the output of the board. Soldering bms leads straight to the PCB will work just as wll, if not better.

PLEASE NOTE: A MULTI METER IS REQUIRED TO MEASURE POTENTIAL ON THE OUTPUTS TO PROPERLY CONNECT A BMS. GUESS WORK WILL NOT WORK

If you’re wanting to purchase one of these (or multiple), please fill out the form below.

Thanks everyone :smile:

11 Likes

Tell me about shipping costs to the US…

it will most likely be between 10 and 15usd

2 Likes

any plans on a 12s4p in the future?

1 Like

If theres enough people that are after it then i definitely can. What would you plan on using it on?

2 Likes

AT board

2 Likes

I could see basically any combo being useful to somebody. Like, I have a use for a 12s3p made up of 6 groups of 2s3p traces. Because form factor.
I wonder if chasing down a modular solution would be better than trying to get enough folks signed up for each new setup.

Modularity + flexy PCB = something lots of folks would buy.

2 Likes

If I wanted to use 3 of these 4s variant then it would be a 12s3p?

sorry I’m a total noob to lipos =/

1 Like

3x 4S packs in series is a 12S1P. 9x 4S packs, 3 series by 3 parallel = 12S3P.

3 Likes

3 in series is 12s1p. 3 groups of 2 in series would be 12s2p

1 Like

awesome, thanks guys! this was super confusing to me lol I think I get it now

1 Like

the whole modularity thing is definitely the next thing i want to look into. However the form factor and design is what throws me out. i was thinking having a 1s2p and 1s3p system that can simply be plugged together with a low form factor plug. or even like you said, 2s2p or 2s3p boards that can go together. Theres a million and one options.

1 Like

This is definitely a cool idea to reduce some of the clutter in enclosures, one of things I hate the most about doing lipo builds is soldering all the little connectors on lol

1 Like

thas the idea my guy! They’re pretty handy

This is very nice but if it was possible to use the PCB to connect the discharge leads as well that would be the killer. Just to give you an idea for more R&D. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know right… The only issue I have is space. Also, you’d need some beefy copper which increases the pricing by a shit load. Especially for the crazy lot that pull 160a from their lipos. Eg with 8oz copper the traces would need to be 42mm wide :joy:

1 Like

or is my maths wrong there

:point_up::point_up_2::point_up::point_up_2:

This would be a killer project and on a build like my trampa… I got space

2 Likes