FOCsTrot Lite - Faultline | Bergs | HeXL | 6.6+ | 12s3p | 6374s

I just got a set of the heXLs (it hurts to buy…hope it worth it), and he said it’s 2 weeks between purchase and possession

4 Likes

Yeahhh it’s been a bit longer than that, but that’s what you get when you preorder

I harassed him on insta the day before I bought it so I’m hoping it’s right…I really want to have this ready before school starts

1 Like

I ordered mine on st patty’s day. And albiet I’ve been a bit of a pita because I keep asking if there’s a way to extend the axel, but I’m not concerned because I know it’ll be a quality product and truth be told I’m still waiting on other components (been waiting for some ESCapes for over a month and a half now, ohwell) such is esk8
I sure hope you get yours soon though. Gonna be the coolest kid on campus

2 Likes

All asked for was softer bushings…I was thinking of lathing down the hangar to add pulley support bearings but I feel like that would be sacrilege

That’s exactly what I was hoping for on my hangars. How on earth do you have access to a lathe? I wish I had that possibility

1 Like

Quality bolt on should be fine dude. Especially so on pneumatic. It’s only a pain in the ass on urethane because the wheel compresses making the pulleys wobble or taking forever to get true.

1 Like

I am a mentor for a robotics team that gets a full machine shop from DuPont…it’s all old and beaten up but it runs. In return for coming back and helping, everyone looks away so I can use the lathe/handsaw/mill. It’s soooo convenient

1 Like

I have a custom pulley I made for the wheels that should be a little more compact and not interfere with anything, first print will be solid PLA an then I’ll outsource it to print in PETG or something later with some other stuff if I’m happy with it

Oh fuck yes!! Shout-out to skunk, Timo, and mmaner for these parts!!
She’s gonna be a dense one

The mounts will be replaced with cusom shield mounts down the line, for now it will get a sheet of Jessup original black because its free and its all I have on hand…its a little short so it will have a line of wood in the middle, will try for frit later

8 Likes

Yes, it’s what it was told on the thread… but I’m still waiting since 2 months ^^ (almost, ordered the 13th May…) it’s hard to get news .

Wow, the layout is pretty sweety ! I love this graphic illustration !! ANd perfect with the gorgeous Breg :+1:

1 Like

It’s gonna get some red/orange dynamic underglow eventually, its gonna be HOT :fire::fire:

Also fuckkk…I won’t have enough time in a couple months. The motors and battery are also 5 weeks out so as long as they come before then I don’t mind

2 Likes

Damn. That’s a good fit

1 Like

I took off a decent amount of material from the enclosure with a band saw compared to when you had it, I’ll just barely have enough edge to stick the lights down and add the handle. I love the small size of it though

Went for a ‘test ride’ on the new deck…its not electric but I found a way :joy::joy:

It feels super smooth and secure even with unbalanced force, poor stance, and a smooth wood surface

Photo credit goes to a black recycling bin

28 Likes

ROFL, that’s hilarious :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I now have what I think is the first 100A loop key? If I can’t risk a fire, I plug this in and if the ESC or something shorts then this will blow first. If anyone has 2" of 40mm heat shrink the wanna mail me…

1 Like

I think you’re able to but fuse wire or fuse nickel (as used for cell level fusing), could give a better form factor

I want to be able to replace it on the go though, on campus I cant risk a fire but on speed runs I can’t risk loosing brakes

But how will you solder / desolder on the go?