Focbox Unity issues

I’m not!

not in the slightest

Karma doesn’t work retroactive.

This was before the bulk buy :joy:

2 Likes

Paste glue or wet paste.

They all will work.

And never a bad idea. All of my unity builds have extra aluminum. I’m 269 lbs geared up, and don’t want to heat up on San Francisco hills

1 Like

apparently you know nothing about how karma works! I’ll wait right here till she shows her ugly little head again!

don’t forget to post about your misfortunes… I delight on the misery of others!

add a roll of quarters in your pocket and break the 270# mark!!!

3 Likes

did you check with the app what kind of temps the unity gets on average ?

Yes this makes sense to mount the heatsink with good thermal bonding to additional metal. Especially if that metal makes contact with external moving air.

2 Likes

it does, and since its primary purpose is to act as a shield for sliding down sidewalks and over speedbumps the surface becomes better for cooling eventually :sweat_smile:

good to know that this makes sense, thanks for chiming in!

1 Like

Real karma doesn’t come back till your next rebirth -life. So nobody here is correct :see_no_evil:

Lay off my boy, he’s a more interesting person than you are

1 Like

thanks for the factoid!

1 Like

I don’t need help. I can handle my own. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Btw. What does kook mean?

My name is Kevin .

How do these look?

4 Likes

Mostly great! The one on the far right looks not-so-shiny, but unlikely to be a cold joint. Also, I usually twist the exposed stands together by turning in one direction before soldering.

3 Likes

does anyone know of some type of soldering practice kit…or any tips on what I can use to practice soldering on pads

one thing check your wire stripper for depth of cut… it appears that you’re cutting a few wire strands when stripping the insulation… and follow @malJohann suggestion about wire twisting, and tin the wire before soldering… all the joints look acceptable… the one on the right, Mal mentioned looks like you ran out of flux… flux is your friend!

2 Likes

banggood has some cheap practice solder kits for PCBs and SMD components I dunno about huge pads… huge pads such as these require a good solder equipment and a big tip (I know that’s what she said)

your joints look acceptable, just take a look at the couple of comments above…

1 Like

lol…thx, i’ll check banggood for that kit.

1 Like

As Kook said above.
Any scrap electronics are good to practice on as well.

2 Likes

Temp is good but all those broken strands at the edge of the solder joint would fail my QC if I was judging.

4 Likes