Focbox Unity FACTORY RESET while out riding?

As mentioned before this has happened to me a few times now. There seems to be no pattern to it and I’ve not been able to force the issue. Because of this is very difficult to pin down. There is no real way to know if a change you’ve made has fixed the problem until it happens again, maybe a month later.

@Deodand is the firmware developer and AFAIK he’s still actively developing for the unity, regardless of whats happening at enertion.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I’ll get this sorted this week. It’s a bit tricky to diagnose because I’ve never had it happen to me personally. So I can change some stuff around but it’s hard to really test if those changes yield any real results. I’ll take a look for anything.

The monkey picture is really just rude. Trivializing the work I’m doing is really awesome and a great way to motivate me to continue developing, thanks for that.

25 Likes

Prob doesn’t mean anything but you’re the main reason I still use unities, don’t get discouraged Jeffy we appreciate ya :heart:

5 Likes

Lol don’t worry I’m all good. Just think it’s good to point out when someone is acting like a prick.

“Help fix this but also a monkey could do your job”

7 Likes

Haha yeah a bit of biting the hand that feeds

No one could replace you @Deodand we all love you

Fuck the monkey photo.

6 Likes

I’m thinking I just need to take a look at the Eeprom addressing, maybe something funny going on there when motor config is written/read from permanent memory. Weird that it would work like 99 percent of the time. There isn’t any tangible difference in timeout shutoff and regular in as much as I can think

2 Likes

I had this issue about a month ago. Found out my phase wires were coming loose. Connecting them better and never had an issue with it since :man_shrugging:

This was a debate I had with someone. I believe if you unplug your phase wires, move the motor at all, and replug them in, you have to do motor detection. Someone else here claims otherwise.

1 Like

If you shuffle the order of the phases and have hall sensors then yes otherwise no.

4 Likes

Weird mine just came really loose and thats all it took.

Unplugging, rotating both motors to random positions, and replugging wouldn’t call for it though just to confirm?

Correct it’s totally fine, the halls provide absolute angular position not differential.

1 Like

Damn now I wish I didn’t like it… I’m sorry. Your work is super valuable to the community and the community is super valuable to your work. Mutual respect goes a long way for getting things done. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go shred and push some amps through my Unity :grimacing:

1 Like

Definitely agree, all this feedback is super valuable :+1:.

3 Likes

This is such a common issue.
It has happened to me so many times that I’ve lost count. Different boards, different unities different fws’. This bug doesn’t discriminate lol

1 Like

I liked your post, then with magic I unliked it.

Would it help to resave configs every time the f/w changes?

Man you are the only reason why I am using Unity. If you make your vesc then and I will move to that. People some time can not see the value, but I am sure the comunity overall perfectly knows what you did and still doing.

4 Likes