Focbox Unity FACTORY RESET while out riding?

the correct settings SHOULD OF BEEN:
Max go amps 52
max brake amps 18
set as 12s in battery config.

I was out riding today did about 4 miles
I stopped at starbucks for an hour and a coffee

But when i came to use my board the motors were spinning in the wrong direction and at like 2mph…

I pulled my phone out my pocket to check if it was connected to the app still BUT

when i looked at the Android app(s10+) that needed rescanning and connecting. But when it connected…

battery was set to 10s
max go amps 60
max brake amps was 30

WHAT THE HELL??
SOMEBODY PLEASE LOGICALLY AND REASONABLY EXPLAIN THAT?
*the last update to the androiid app was 13th October to FW=23.46

F/w version is ?

*the last update to the androiid app was 13th October to FW=23.46

no faults in console

Maybe rewriting the configs every time the f/w changes would help

This has happened to me 2 times in total of having the unity (and only on one of my 2). Any chance you let the board time out and didn’t switch it off manually? Just a theory I’m testing.

I’ve complained about this before to Jeff (@Deodand) and he is going to make saved profiles a thing soon so I can just recall settings without having to redo motor detection.

6 Likes

yes this happened i left it on

1 Like

Interesting. I hardly ever let it time out but I believe both times it has happened, I might have let it time out. One other dude had this issue too and he let his board time out. Let me pull him in here and we can hopefully get this figured out. It’s stupidly frustrating.

@ducktaperules, when this happened to you, do you recall if the board timed out?

3 Likes

I’ve had this happen a couple times too. I don’t remember if it timed out but it’s very possible since I like to check the temps while they cool off after a ride.

I just deal with it by paying very close attention to the read/write prompts at the bottom of the screen. I often read newly written settings to confirm they were properly applied.

Yess thats a great idea. I hate having to re-config. From scratch everytime they update.

2 Likes

Literally just screenshot all my settings to update one of my boards

1 Like

Yeah I don’t ever turn my board of, I always let it time out. Seems like it’s just motor config that get reset as app config is kept, I’ve never had to re-settup my remote or uart for metr.

My best solution so far is if you have metr you can do a full settings backup. If it forgets motor config I just connect and restore there backup.

Seems to be the quickest way of getting riding again.

I have raised this issue with support but you can imagine how that’s going.

Maybe @Deodand can offer some insight into what’s causing this?

3 Likes

I also had this happen to me twice in total. But curiously I always let my unity time out, I rarely switch it off manually.

So personally I don’t think the culprit is the timeout function.

2 Likes

I’m still not ruling it out for the empirically opposite reason. I always turn off my board via the switch and know that one of the resets happened after accidentally letting it time out on a group ride when someone fell. The other time I’m not certain but I think I did it then as well.

If I have some time this week, I’ll set the unity shutdown time as low as it goes and see if I can force it do it significantly more often.

This has happenned to me on the old firmware…not anymore…

Edit: to be honest, i dont think e ever let the board auto shutdown again since then. I will test and report

2 Likes

Happened to me for the first time last week. Rode in the morning. Stopped at the gym when got out the board was half power and when connected to the app the configurations were gone. I turned off manually the unity, so not left it time out.

1 Like

Happened also to me in the old firmware!

I think it has something to do if you leave the board alone so it switches off automatically

Maybe enertion didnt pay their embedded dev, so he never finished the job…

Fiy - Just did a quick auto shutdown test…all good…and configs were held, no issues.

Settings reset or rewrite happened to me on newest FW today…
We seem to have somewhat of a consensus here on a known bug.

32raez

7 Likes

At least we now have a support group :heart:

4 Likes